Games and Game-Related old and new

If you have a few favorite genres that aren’t overly common then you could browse Steam tags for them every now and then. I’m really into metroidvanias, so I can take a look at that tag every month or two and see everything pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Thanks for that tip @barakatnull and welcome to the forum.

ComicBook.com: Mass Effect Legendary Edition Has Gone Gold.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Has Gone Gold

1 Like
1 Like

Nite Team 4 - May 2021 Update

Not quite new, but still getting some very interesting new content :wink:

Full video:

2 Likes

Just a little over 1 week away :grinning:

3 Likes

If you’re looking for more music along those lines, have a listen to BigGiantCircles, who wrote a decent chunk of that soundtrack. His first release, “Max effect”, is made up of tracks that didn’t end up being used in the game, and “Legacy” is kind of a remix of some of the existing soundtrack.
Haven’t listened to him for a while now, probably should check out his newer stuff now that he jumped up in my memory again.

3 Likes

a few screens from my current play through

Summary

PDXCON - NITE Team 4 panel

NITE Team 4 panel at the PDXCON show is starting in 5 minutes. +Sneak peak at the awesome tech behind Sec-9!

Live now on Twitch

1 Like

Ars Technica: Exclusive: Valve is making a Switch-like portable gaming PC.

3 Likes

Microsoft have a stranglehold on the PC operating system market - and their wedge is games. Pretty much all productivity software is available in Linux versions (much of it free), but for games, particularly new games, you still need Windows.

So I was excited when Valve announced Steam OS. Once a platform as large as Steam required Linux versions of games, surely all games developers would follow their lead.

Sadly, it didn’t happen. Steam OS gradually faded, and has now been withdrawn.

I had the same hopes for the Steam Box PCs - but they, too, faded after a faltering start.

I would absolutely love someone to break Microsoft’s hegemony. But I’ll believe it when I see it.

5 Likes

Not really. Most game engines are multi-platform nowadays, and the supported platforms for a game mostly depend on what a developer cares to support. Which in the case of very many indy games is “as many as possible”. With a few exceptions, my entire steam and GoG library would run natively on linux, would I want them to.

Since indy games would probably be the major target of a portable platform, I don’t see much of a problem. The real question is, do people really want the hassle of a PC on a handheld? I think if you want something to play on the go, you’d rather go with what “just works”…

3 Likes

On the other hand, all those asking for NMS on the Switch might find this a satisfying solution. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Just completed Mass Effect 1

2 Likes

For those who long for a return to the MMO roots. A peaceful, community driven game.
(Let’s hope it stays that way.) Coming to PC in pre-alpha and then to all consoles.
Developed by veteran ex-Blizzard and Riot devs.

5 Likes

Not a game but will definitely affect games for all Linux Lovers
The Verge: Nvidia and Valve are bringing DLSS to Linux.

From E3 June 12

E3yb4LZXIAMcCcR(1)
(Just below the first rivet (or headphone jack, lol))

6 Likes

PC Steam Cyberpunk 2077 got a 3.4 Gb update today.

4 Likes

Steam sale with a twist

2 Likes

4 Likes

I got the same one :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

So did I. I wonder what you have to do to get anything else.

I was particularly taken by the story where you light the fire in the fireplace on your spaceship. I mean, who would put a fireplace in a space game?

8 Likes