Not making Games? New Games to watch for

@sheralmyst: Here ya go. keep 'm coming :wink:

2 Likes

The Verge: Nothing says ‘ready to game’ quite like being cocooned in a giant scorpion cockpit.

2 Likes

Here’s all the games I’m looking forward to in the near future:

The Eternal Cylinder

Wild

The Survivalists

Away: The Survival Series

Immortals Fenyx Rising (I know, it’s not indie and it’s Ubisoft, but it looks soo good!)

2 Likes

Still 2 hours away and the fighting in the chat is both hilarious and pathetic… :dizzy_face:
Buy the console that works best for you and be thankful we have options.
EDIT It has begun! :scream: :laughing:

PS5 $499 Digital $399
XBox X $499 Digital $299
That might help some make a decison.
And Gamestop will have installment plans for both systems. There will, naturally, be a markup but in these difficult times, it is nice to know the option is there.
Also, PS5 preorders will be limited due to a hardware shortage. This is paimful news for everyone.
XBox preorders begin next Tuesday

5 Likes

This time, finally, redone by CYAN and in VR for Oculus Quest (optional). Cyan is asking for all who are interested to please Wishlist this on Steam and GOG.

1 Like

I wishlisted it even though I don’t have an Oculus. Steam has quite a bit statistical info on users, I hope they can tell how many interested customers have other VR headsets so Cyan can prioritise adding support for them as well.

The only thing that stood out for me from this PS5 event is that they got Twitch to trigger a notification on my phone even though I had not opted in for that. :rage:

2 Likes

The VR will be optional for Myst. I am sure they will follow the pattern as with Obduction. They know many do not have VR. Even without it, the very much improved look and level of detail is so nice. The added dialogue from Atrus makes me wonder if there is more in the game than the original. I noticed the specs require 20GB of space…tons more than needed for the original game.

3 Likes

Just so everyone knows, PS5 is gone. Botted no doubt and already on ebay for $25,000. There are some people out there who deserve prison time and huge fines

Personal opnion: the whole next console thing has gotten old. It is over-hyped and lends itself to this type of behavior. Can we just stop now? :confused:

4 Likes

Ok then. I’ll take a couple.
Actually let’s make it 3.
Anyone else want one while I’m mortgaging the family home?
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yea. While a new console is exciting stuff, over hyping it just ends up bringing out the worst in people.

1 Like

Rumour has it that an angry fan created a script that generates accounts that bid tenS of thousands on these and then there’s nobody behind the account and that stalls those sellers out…

1 Like
2 Likes

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-09-21/top-gamestop-investor-wants-to-turn-retailer-into-amazon-rival

2 Likes

This guy helped on The Witness.In case you missed it, it was quite good.

4 Likes

Turns out, Guildford is secretly the Hollywood of game development!

3 Likes

I’m currently waiting on Cyberpunk & in the meantime I am thinking of giving Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla a go.
Anybody got any opinions on these 2 titles?

1 Like

Here is an AC review

1 Like

I’m watching an AC Valhalla stream (https://www.twitch.tv/uliwitness) and it seems very well made (as in, no bugs) with a solid story, lots of quests and side quests, intrigues, interesting characters (though facial gestures seem strangely lacking).

I don’t have any expectations how an AC game “should” be, so can’t comment on how typical it is or isn’t. You can run up walls and survive implausible falls and there’s a bit of scifi going on? :wink: There’s supposed to be a stealthy approach but the streamer missed some opportunities where he could have used that, it seemed not immediately intuitive. Since most people live in wooden huts, there are not enough walls to run up, IMO! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

There are some minor puzzles how to get around obstacles to get some secondary loot and skills, so it’s not all muderizing.

Also, the longer you play, the larger your settlement grows (you can choose which buildings will come next), which doesn’t have anything to do with assassins, but it fits the time and setting.

2 Likes