Games and Game-Related old and new

That’s not the point, really. Take2 broke a standing contract and gutted the studio to have direct control over the project, fo whatever reason. It’s just not the kind of behaviour I support.

4 Likes

Yeah, I totally agree.

1 Like

I have been fairly quite lately because I gave in and bought Planet Zoo. Forget the animals! The modeling in this game is wonderful! Here is a sample of my Wild West themed items.

Summary

The scene with the Jeep is a pre installed blueprint but I broke it up, moved the tent on the hill and put a rope leading up the cliff. Granted, the rope needs some work to lay properly but it is made of at least 6 pieces and it took a while to get it into position. I am currently working on a train ride that runs through a tunnel. The landscape tools are a little touchy but can achieve wonderful results.
Planet Zoo has been on sale just make sure you have the specs to run it.
Tons of fabulous stuff in the Steam Workshop.
Ok I had to work on that rope. Much better? Still needs a little tweaking but I gotta get some sleep.

4 Likes

Steam Sale tempted me to pre-order Cyberpunk 2077 and I got myself Stationeers at 25% off, to give myself a different challenge in space. Stationeers has been in Early Access for a long time already, making good progress. I had been following it for a long time and was always intrigued by the mechanical skills required to survive. Something else to play this summer, pretty sure I will enjoy it :wink:

3 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

The Outer Worlds is pretty good, it feels like a secret Firefly game.

Of course nobody has the rights for a Firefly game…, but the ships and the humour are there, and the emphasis on real people (crew members, friends), the heartless agencies and cooperations, and the fact that characters just have hard times and are not unscrupulous criminals.

The only downside is that too many conflicts are resolved by murdering what are basically your fellow last survivors, which doesn’t really fit. (They are marauders and bandits = cannon fodder?). And that is even if you skill up in negotiation etc and solve as many dialogs using the non-violent option.

3 Likes

It has been fun working with Sean Young as he has put Littlewood together… he always responds to the e-mails and bug reports. Currently up to v .992. He is planning on releasing on August 4. This is a fun little game. My favorite aspect: the villagers have requests about their homes. As they move in, you are presented with an ever growing puzzle as you fulfill their requirements for happiness. This one wants to be within 16 spaces of the Marketplace but over 20 spaces for the Lumber Mill and that one wants to live on the highest elevation. You can terraform the town and decorate it as you open up more possibilities all the while piecing together what actually happened when you became the Hero who Saved the World. Your memory of those events is gone. Just don’t get run over by a PollyWog! :laughing: Oh and the price will go up at full release so snag it now!

2 Likes

Now, are my old joysticks still compatible?

3 Likes

Not a video game but available in VR
https://www.romereborn.org/

Subnautica update. Feeling like the Abyss

1 Like

I’m getting really excited to play this new open-world exploration game. It’s been compared to The Legend of Zelda games Breath of The Wild and Wind Waker, and they definitely do look similar. The crafting and combat system look great and I love me some magic ancient ruins. Wind Bound comes out near the end of August.

I just found out that the game’s islands are procedurally generated! I am so sold on this game now!

7 Likes

A nice trip down memory lane

2 Likes

Woah, that game looks awesome! It reminds me of Worlds Adrift a bit as well (RIP)

2 Likes

The Last Campfire is coming to Switch!

HG is tweeting about The Last Campfire again today. Could the release be near?

5 Likes

The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official…: The Sims 4 Star Wars: Journey to Batuu | Official Reveal Trailer - YouTube
Star Wars: Squadrons – Official Single Player Pre…: Star Wars: Squadrons – Official Single Player Preview - YouTube
The Verge: Gamescom Opening Night Live: biggest trailers and announcements.
Gamescom Opening Night Live: biggest trailers and announcements - The Verge
IGN: Gamescom Opening Night Live: Everything Announced and Revealed - IGN.
Gamescom Opening Night Live: Everything Announced and Revealed - IGN

2 Likes

A reference to the top secret game HG is working on. Quote " The main bulk of the Hello Games team is on something else entirely." And “We’re working on something new, ambitious, that’s kind of unannounced, and we’re working on No Man’s Sky,” was all Murray would say"

7 Likes

Well, that’s not more than we already knew…

1 Like

Another tease…
Polygon: Hello Games’ Sean Murray on the studio’s next No Man’s Sky-sized game.

5 Likes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pcgamer.com/amp/the-iconic-minecraft-world-of-the-packpng-image-has-been-found/

4 Likes

So funny! I love watching TV in ACNH :upside_down_face:
Nintendo Life: Animal Crossing: New Horizons: TV Guide And Show Schedule - Get In-Game Weather Forecasts.

CNBC: Microsoft announces pricing and release date for new Xbox consoles, and you’ll be able to finance them starting at $24.99 per month.

Firmament is still over a year away but is looking really nice.

Someone post something so I can move on… :grinning:

4 Likes