Games and Game-Related old and new

Expedition Zero

1 Like

One more time

5 Likes

I bought Mass Effect Legendary Edition in the Steam sale. And, well…

7 Likes

The Verge: Horizon Forbidden West delayed to February 18th, 2022.

1 Like

H:FW and Ratchet and Clank are the only two games I would buy a PS5 for. But for two games, that would be very expensive lol.

Anyone see the 8 minute “Directors Cut” gameplay trailer of Death Stranding? As someone who played the whole game and “mostly” enjoyed it. It would have been more enjoyable with that new content in the base game. Traversing the various terrains on foot felt great, specially because its scenic the whole time, but after awhile walking across the same areas doing side-quests, you wish there was a faster way. This is cool.

2 Likes

Live 11:00 am CDT

Works with a controller now so you are no longer bound and lashed to your keyboard. Right analog movement is a bit whiplashed but doable.

3 Likes

I guess the link has changed since it has finished:

4 Likes

Got a link? I’m currently trudging my way through it, up to chapter 8. “Mostly” enjoying it sums up my experience so far.

The thing that kinda ruined it for me, was the ridiculous section with <spoiler…>the suspicious package given to you by MR obvious-evil-doer and marked with flashing red lights with the docs clearly marked “NUCLEAR BOMB - it will explode when you get to your destination”. And then Fragile is all surprised, as is my character, when the open it up to find inside…<surprise!>… a nuclear bomb. I mean, I can suspend my disbelief for any tale, but c’mon that was just silly. Are we meant not to notice?

I prefer the motorbike if I can, or my favourite - snow-boarding down a mountain on the carrier.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/B6Yoozt03sc

I don’t remember the bomb being marked as explosive, I might have missed something in a cutscene? I remember the obviously-a-bad-guy handing you one more small package to your load. But I also remember having to transport a heavy and large bomb too. Am I remembering two different events or is this the same?

2 Likes

Thanks for the link, not watched it yet as can’t remember any google passwords.

Yes, it’s the small package that higgs (mr obvious) gives you. In the description when you pick it up it says “tactical nuke”. It also flashes red, which is why I looked at the description. Kinda spoilt the big cut scene that follows - you walk to Fragile and everyone acts very surprised it’s a bomb and she and boss-man tells you to throw it in the lake. Maybe I was in a bad mood but up to that point I was really “feeling” the story.

There are a few more bomb type devices (antimatter device x 2 at least).

Just imagine if NMS looked as detailed - maybe in 10 years time.

1 Like

Hmmm… I think there was a bug or maybe you or me missed something there. I’ll see if i can find a youtube video on the scene but from what I remember, it was supposed to be obvious that a sketchy person handed you a package and it was supposed to get you curious to see what it is. Then when you check your load, you see its actually a bomb and then I remember there was a conversation about it BEFORE you travel to Fragile. But maybe im remembering it wrong. I do remember that some people ignored the red flags and delivered the package and it blew up and they were confused why they died only to realise that they missed or skipped the dialog.

Edit: I saw the video, i remembered it wrong. So there are various choice options here but if you got the video where they play dumb, I guess it assumes that you ignored checking the package and you didnt know what it was either. If you saw it was a bomb, a previous mission about throwing something in a lake was supposed to foreshadow what you needed to do, which is to ditch it at the lake where it would explode. But I guess it went over most people’s heads as it wasnt that clear.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help! I can appreciate the game again, especially now I have a nice new PS5 controller that allows me to aim grenades without misfiring like my tired old xbox360 one tended to do.

Yeah, I guessed I’d have to throw it in the lake because of a hint earlier about the infinite lake (or something), and saw it was a bomb. I was going to take it to the lake, but I didn’t want to waste my time walking there to find out “the game” hadn’t allowed for that and it would just float on the surface.

I’m very glad to see that was an option after all. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

At the time, I was expecting some kind of phone call or something from one of the characters to give a better clue, but the only definite clue was in the description where it said “Fragile would probably like to see it” so I went to see her instead as it was much closer and no BTs. So I guess the game designers assumed if you went to see Fragile you didn’t know it was a bomb which is why it played the dumb video.

2 Likes

Kotaku: Dev’s Game Finally Works After Fixing 40-Year-Old Typo.

4 Likes

At least it was BASIC, not 3 pages of solid hex artfully printed with white text on a light blue background. Grrrr.

3 Likes

Worlds Of The Future

After 6 years of development, Worlds Of The Future is finally on Steam and Epic Games Store! Here’s our first trailer

Please wishlist (it’s a huge help!)

Worlds Of The Future - Steam
Worlds Of The Future - Epic Games Store

1 Like

Damn, for a moment there you made me think they released into early access. Would have been a lot sooner than expected, though…

3 Likes

Not quite released just yet, but I had the same thought. Must be the way it is worded (copied from their Discord)

2 Likes

:dizzy_face:

3 Likes

This is the software they are using, I think. You can run it in a browser.

MetaHuman - Unreal Engine.

You need an epic account and a half decent computer. Think it even worked on a Mac (Firefox).

Oh, Myst is out in a new VR version? Never played it much (pc too weak) but I played Obduction and mostly enjoyed it.

3 Likes

A streamer on Twitch (uliwitness) is streaming both old and new Myst with a picture-in-picture setup on Sundays, so you can compare the improved visuals, and small adjustments they had to make to accommodate VR players (who have a wider viewing range but shorter reach), very interesting series.

2 Likes