NMS: BEYOND pre-release August 14

I agree. There have been some issues when sharing base building in multiplayer. Hopefully, those issues will go away. My experience with multiplayer has been like a glorified version of Minecraft, lol. I know quite a few ppl who play that way.
Some are speculating that this new online play may have a way to feature the Hubs in a more meaningful way. I know resident ETARCIANS in the star chain may not want that exposure so I may be looking to form my own Hub…stay tuned. We will see what lay BEYOND our speculations. :wink:

3 Likes

The replies are so funny

5 Likes

LepreShaun :four_leaf_clover:

3 Likes

feature I’m hoping for the most is crossplay, especially since the precedent has been set with Fortnite and Rocket League.

4 Likes

Hello @UberMun. Welcome to the nicest forum around!
Tell us a little about yourself in the Intro thread

2 Likes

You know, we should probably change that introduction section.

AFAIK, Emily’s dead. And the stuff about radio was never true. A thing like that could confuse a new member.

4 Likes

Yes. I thought about that. Make a nice project for someone who is retired and has 5000 hours to spend…lol, just kidding! :joy:

3 Likes

Hey everyone, have been very preoccupied with my course, hopefully I’ll be able to find time to return to the sim soon. Very excited about the update, any word of a new ARG season? Sorry don’t have time to read everything if already been covered :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

No word yet on a new ARG season. Although, there has been a bit of speculation in that regard.

(And wouldn’t be Waking Titan’s style for a season to begin with a surprise event that people second guess if it is actually NMS related?)

6 Likes

I agree. The update’s already been announced. We’re getting Twitter feeds and teaser trailers. There would be very little point in an ARG trying to introduce it at this stage.

4 Likes

he meant “wouldn’t it be Waking Titan’s style”

2 Likes

If they’re doing anything leading up to launch, I really hope it would be in form of a narrative through community events. Can involve puzzle solving outside of NMS too of course, but at least they should use the game as primary means of delivery.

3 Likes

Yes. That is what I meant.

I also agree with @Polyphemus. We do not need the ARG to bring extra attention to an update announcement that has already occurred, which has been the ARGs purpose for seasons 1 and 2.

However, I do like the idea of an ARG that ties more closely with the game and introduces story elements that are coming with the update, especially in the case of a villain.

5 Likes

I thought the community events were going to be more cohesive and somehow lead up to the next update but uh… are the community events over? That may be a dumb question but they just kind of disappeared.

3 Likes

Not a dumb question. I would like to see the Community Events resume as well. It would make a nice way to maybe drop us some hints to what is coming.

2 Likes

The community events led up to both the Abyss and Visions updates, then used the new content from them for the last objectives. I’m guessing they may do that again after Beyond, use community events to lead up to a few other smaller updates.

5 Likes

I’d say no ARG for Beyond. I’d say ARG for the after Beyond!
We already have the annoucement for Beyond, so I guess it’s kinda late to start an ARG S 3

Edit: Writing wkthout reading haha sorry guys ignore!

7 Likes

I will be ordering my PSVR stuff in a couple of weeks. I want to play VR before NMS VR comes out. People at work are teasing me telling me that I’m going to get super motion sickness from NMS, and I should get a bucket next to my Desk.

I’m concerned and does anyone know if I should buy Dramamine or do something in order to enjoy NMS in VR? I would be crushed if I couldn’t play NMS in VR as I have been wanting that since day one.

Happy travels!

4 Likes

@Nightazure do not fret. As someone who gets motion sickness easily, when in cars and buses, I will say VR was not bad at all! They call it VR legs and it is true, the more you play the more you can stay in VR it takes adjusting for some but I was playing borderlands for about 30 mins before I felt a little disoriented. Look up some ways you can flex your VR legs, blow a fan on your face if you can while playing it helps ground you, but the best way is simply playing, just dont PUSH through feeling dizzy because then you will be unfomrotable for a while, stop as soon as you feel a little nausea set in IF you even feel it. Get the Vr demos play around in those worlds. a game that helped me acclimate was AstroBot because of the perspective it is in. Then I went to Borderlands next day and as mentioned was able to play for 30mins and only stopped because I was an idiot and decided to push it to the max taking off all comfort settings. Sorry for the book but that was my experience.

6 Likes

I’d suggest playing eve valkyrie to see how you might fare with space travel and then maybe something like resi seven if you want to see how you get by with walking around with a DS4, skyrim if you want to test the psmove and teleport movement method (personally I don’t enjoy moving around like this, made fighting awkward in skyrim).

Most VR games have a lot of options to reduce motion sickness such as tunnel vision and also reduce turning to 45 degree angles etc and these can be reduced and lowered or turned off entirely as you get used to it. Motion sickness is less commonly experiences when you’re in a vehicle in a game, because the interior around you grounds you and your brain is like “yes, we are sitting down, this is normal”.

My friend who gets very bad motion sickness experienced some slight nausea on his first try at VR but said it no longer happens now.

When I was first playing skyrim, any time I jumped I got that feeling in my stomach you get when you go over a small bridge quickly

4 Likes