No Mans Sky: Beyond

I wonder if the release of Beyond might be timed to ‘launch’ with the anniversary of arguably the greatest event in our recent scientific history, the Apollo Moon landing.

July 16th was the launch…
July 20th the actual Moon Landing. (which is Saturday week from today!)

Everyone would look back in the future and remember Beyond was released the same day as Man landed on the moon! That would be a cool link. What if we might even be able to land on our moon in the game…(I don’t think so but crossed fingers eh! one day lol

6 Likes

does this classify as hype?

3 Likes

I’m jumping aboard!
Maybe we will get an Apollo space suit covered in moon dust :sparkles:

4 Likes

Yes a little hype :slight_smile:

Actually I have been wondering a bit about the release date. I just don’t think Hello Games would release it on any ol’ day. But of course they could, but then it might be the anniversary of the original launch. Or maybe a new trailer or start of a short ARG will emerge during the publicity of the charity ‘Thankyou’ billboard their fans bought them.

The date will probably tie in with something, but what I wonder?

That would be fun, or a flag might be nice too. Or a footprint :slight_smile: A special edition Apollo 11 Eagle lunar landing module to fly or find on a barren planet for a milestone perhaps. Ah dreams eh…

4 Likes

Hmmm… it’s also a tuesday… :smile:

4 Likes

… 5 days … 4 days … etc

2 Likes

I bet second half of August.

3 Likes

I was just reminded of this, as I was writing a rather weird sentence into my own code documentation just now:

Note that the parent-child relation is backwards in time, i.e. children are actions that cause their parents.

2 Likes

I just opted out of experimental and got a steam client update and a 5.3 GB update for NMS
Just saying in case anyone does that

2 Likes

I think your NMS update is just the reversal to ‘public’ branch, as there has not been an update for like 2 months on ‘experimental’ and 7 months for default.

Steam did indeed update, which actually caused an issue with NMS for some users. This was a Steam issue and has supposedly been fixed already.

2 Likes

Yes. The public one is still running OpenGL. I stopped it and reverted back to experimental and vulcan.
I just can’t join any other games unless they too are in experimental…ok I am tired now, gotta eat some lunch…:crazy_face:

2 Likes