No Man’s Sky—v1.3 Screenshots & Art

I found two Trading Posts extremely close to one another. Never seen them this close. Some ships took off one pad and simply flew right over to the neighboring one and landed on it. It was a 2 minute walk.

10 Likes

Welcome home. Your hub planet is waiting for you.

5 Likes

Real, or a Dream?

“Would you that spangle of Existence spend
About The Secret - quick about it, Friend!
A Hair perhaps divides the False and True -
And upon what, prithee, may life depend?”

Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam

8 Likes

Which version of the Rubaiyat are you using? I have the FitzGerald translation, and it’s quite different from yours.

2 Likes

Inside the cover it says, “A personal selection from the five editions of Edward Fitzgerald” It includes the magnificent illustrations of Edmund Dulac and Willy Pogany, as well as the artful calligraphy of Margery O.Erickson. On the final page before the back cover it says, “This edition is limited to two thousand copies.” (ISBN 0-9699121-1-0) I have seen other editions, but this is the one I prefer.

This illustration is on the cover!

Dulac

7 Likes

NMS always reminded me of two movies from my childhood;

The Black Hole - Korvax like beings spotted here

and Flash Gordon - the colors, the (ship) design and the fantastic soundtrack

Also some nice visual similarity in Richard Corben’s comic books.

Anomaly - 1972

11 Likes

Here are two pics of the Hazards getting to black holes. The deeper I get in the galaxies the more obstacles I have encountered.

5 Likes

I tend to spend lately more time on winter planets… will games be synced someday to RL?

8 Likes

I’ve discovered that time of day in NMS is incredibly fluid. In fact, using the terminus portal to go to from your base to a space station, then back to your base will reset the time of day on your home planet.

I have often left my base only to return in a couple minutes via terminus to have it changed from night to day.

4 Likes

My ship changed the other day going thru portal and back.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s a common bug. It is more likely to happen if you call your freighter after using the portal

3 Likes

Your ship changes to another that you own, or some other random ship? Is this a PC or PS4 issue? Or both?

Also, this thread is an incredible visual treat.

1 Like

To another you own…

1 Like

To another ship you own, which means it can only happen if you own a freighter with multiple ships in it. I’m on PS4 and it happens; don’t know about PC.

1 Like

Grumpy-Faced Rock

3 Likes

Thanks MacForADay.

I’ve got a freighter and five ships total. PS4 gamer. I’d freak out if I lost my ‘solar-panel-wings-tie-fighter’ ship, but having it swapped with another I own is not that big a deal. Except when I run into pirates in one of my lesser ships and have to pay or flee.

Also, I have enjoyed all the creative bases you’ve been visiting in your videos.

2 Likes

It took me a bit to find the old man face looking off to the right. I tend to create to create my own faces. I’m NOT the only one that does this, right? :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is the old way people made sculptures in NMS before base building or the terrain manipulator were added.

1 Like

50th Galaxy

Temperate Planet

13 Likes

Little short of heroic.

3 Likes