NMS on Switch

I AM FLOORED!!! How is this possible?
“The authorities are ever watchful”… :rofl:

7 Likes
7 Likes

Soon as I saw the announcement, I came strait back here to see reactions :grin:

This is actually very incredible that a game like this can run on switch. Quite a lot of optimisations have had to be made in order for it to run smoothly on a switch.

4 Likes

Naah, this is an April Fools joke - oh wait, it’s only February. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

And NMS post on FB

3 Likes

I saw that before work and didn’t manage to watch the trailer or post here. This just has to be an April fools joke…? :sweat_smile:
Twitch is the first console I bought (and not just borrowed like a random Atari 2600 from classmates in the late 80ies :joy:) so I’m all for it. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

No joke. It was in the Nintendo Direct yesterday. Nintendo has no sense of humor.

4 Likes

Alas the trailer is just a best-of all the previous ones, we don’t actually see anyone playing it on a real Switch with real hands and all. Do clips recorded in real life look so lame that they rather greenscreen and cgi it? I guess screens look “flat” when recorded by a camera.
Is there is an Easter egg anywhere? :slight_smile: I need to rewatch it on a screen that is… bigger than a switch. :innocent:

3 Likes

Lot of debate on if it is cloud based but SM said he played it on the go. At least where I live, that would mean it must be physical or digital download…hopefully, someone will get their hands on it soon.

Hmmm…so one thing does worry me. I just went into the Nintendo e shop and clicked on the Direct link from yesterday and all the games in the Direct are available for pre-order except NMS…am hoping for a demo. Nintendo is good about using demos before purchase

2 Likes

If I understand the switch right, it is more powerful when docked, right? So the trailer is probably with a docked switch, with serious downscaling occuring when undocked. It still would be really impressive, though…
I would expect that the viewing distance is much shorter, seeing the poor thing only has 4 GB of ram. I mean, what’s the next platform they’re aiming at, Raspberry Pi? :crazy_face:
You can do tricks with a CPU and GPU, but you can’t really cheat ram. Not without loading the other two with a lot more work…

5 Likes

Raspberry Pie :rofl:
But I wouldn’t be surprised if someone out there made it happen.
Yes the Switch is slightly better docked. Better FPS. I have not played anything on mine that has really tested it except LA Noire. In the fastest car in the game, I could almost outrun the graphics…it was terrifying speeding onto roads that did not yet exist. :upside_down_face: Took nerves of steel. I really hope we do not see a return of the “falling thru the terrain” days

3 Likes

Here is at least a professional video of a steamdeck (looks very similar to a Switch), so they can record proper shots of it without it looking flat! :+1:

6 Likes

So apparently NMS is already ESRB certified for the switch? But it seems to be sharing an entry with next gen cert :thinking:
No PEGI cert as of yet.
I’m not sure when this happened though, does anyone have a screenshot of this page before the announcement?

2 Likes

The Nintendo store shows PEGI 7 in Europe (ESRB T in US), even though the rating is not platform specifically listed yet. I assume they just took it from existing ratings.

3 Likes

Still not in the eShop…I keep looking :eyes:

3 Likes

“… players assume the role of a planetary explorer on a quest to reach the center of the universe.”

Yeah? Well, not really. :smiley:

It’s odd how many people don’t understand an open-ended game. (To say nothing about confusing galaxy and universe.)

5 Likes
6 Likes

Good grief the smack talk on twitter under this post…:face_exhaling:
However, the posts from the Nintendo crowd are good! This will be a huge game for Switch. I am excited for all the Nintendo players. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: The game will be single player only and I am not surprised since Nintendo is very, very cautious about player interactions when chat is involved. However, I wonder if that changes with a Nintendo Online subscription? Since the game is still not listed in the store :weary: there is no way to find out.

5 Likes

Oct 7th

7 Likes

Rumors are true…Single Player experience on Launch.

7 Likes