NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

It’s supposed to be part of NMS. no man’s SKY. Sky should be blue.

Oh. And it should be IN the sky. Shouldn’t it?

1 Like

Never seen anything like it except when I had this happen

Everything was fine in one direction and not fine in the other direction. I was told to delete everything in my ShaderCache folder. I did and then everything was okay. You could try that.

1 Like

Was your problem consistent? The first time it happened today, I warped to a different system and teleported back - the problem was gone. Showed up again, much later.

Just popped back into NMS and the flashing wall is gone again.

1 Like

Mine came and went as well. Emptying the Shader Cache folder won’t hurt. It will just take longer next time you start the game. And it will take a few minutes of gameplay for everything to settle down. Was the same as when I got the NEXT update.

3 Likes

OK. Thanks.

2 Likes

Had the flashing red sky and solid red wall sky appear on one load on PS4.
Disappeared on its own after a teleport…

2 Likes

All old infrastructure parts are still listed in the guide except for the curved wall (very angry growl). The walls/platform are still not obtainable from the blueprint analyzer in new games though (more angry growling).

1 Like

Wow, haven’t seen anything that bad, but I do occasionally get flickering swaths of trees.

Must be the SJ-17 causing interference … they’re rebuilding the Great Wall … digitally

4 Likes

If you’re regularly getting problems like those in your pictures, and other people are not, it’s almost always down to your graphics drivers.

AMD card owners had terrible problems with the early releases of NMS. Thankfully, mostly resolved now. But driver incompatibilities can cause all kinds of weird graphics problems.

3 Likes

I cleared the SHADERCACHE folder as sheralmyst suggested above. If it does come back then I’ll update the drivers for my nVidia card. Thanks.

2 Likes

Have not been able to reliably find the original source for the lists of changes on experimental as Hello Games (developer) has stopped posting notices on Steam forums. Did see these listed once in patch notes.

Have been trying to follow these to try to see what critical issues are actually being worked on as opposed to those that are not.

Where is this information being posted or is this just from installing the experimental and then being provided a list of changes?

1 Like

Latest Steam Experimental Branch notes are posted here:

NOTE - these are not live yet. They’re only available to the PC experimental branch. Once they’ve been tested, and found to be stable, then they’ll be put on general release.

Thanks but there apparently were some additional changes in experimental on August 9 and/or 10 that are not listed and some of the changes before August 8 were also not listed or so it appears by searching for all posts by Hello Games

View ProfileView Posts

[developer]

I’m sure there were. Minor changes don’t always get mentioned in the documentation.

There has been a little rider at the bottom of many of these posts. Something to the effect of “there were a bunch of little changes that we couldn’t be bothered to document”.

So if your hair colour has now changed from purple to puce, that’s probably one of them.

1 Like

Can I just state that I do not like whatever it is that they did to the Melee/Boost. It just has no ‘umph’ now. It wants to take me more skyward than forward. I have relied on this maneuver to get me through bad situations so much. I also enjoy it. Now it is just phhhtt

4 Likes

Steam experimental is live since yesterday

Which one? There’s an 08/08 apparently live testing now. But there’s also an 08/09 been mentioned…

Oh, sod it. Regardless of the crashes, corrupted saves, and other ungodly terrors - I’m going to sign up to experimental.

I’ll see you all on the other side…

4 Likes

Check here to see if Steam shows an Experimental.

This is what I see.

1 Like

I mean 8/8 and 8/9 experimental versions went live yesterday as 1.55. With live I mean, your game should be updated already.