NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

New Steam Experimental just came out [3113097]. So new that there are no patch notes up yet.

2 Likes

Has PC on Steam had the 1.59 patch (Non experimental) with the Character Customisation update among other things? I think it was announced for PS4 a few days ago? Is it delayed?

The below was update 1.59 and should be on all platforms:

Patch 1.59 Patch Notes (current):

• Added new items to Polo’s Quicksilver Synthesis Bot

• Fixed an issue that could cause discoveries to stop saving.

• Fixed an issue where players with a specific number of inventory slots would have some slots hidden by other UI elements.

• Fixed an issue that could cause Community Research portals not to return players to the correct galaxy after mission completion.

• Ensured that the first entry in the Space Station Teleport list will take players in the incorrect galaxy back to their home galaxy.

• Fixed an issue that could cause portals to close and not lead players back to the correct planet.

• Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on a black screen.

• Fixed an issue where the starship was unable to land after changing missions while facing a mission marker.

• Fixed an issue where players with corrupt saves would be recovered but have no ship (please note – this involves instances where the ship was the corrupt data, and so ships have been restored to default).

Upcoming changes (yet to be released):

• Fixing an issue that prevents shared bases from downloading while exploring.
  • Adding new attack behaviours to the Biological Horrors…
  • Enabling terrain tessellation on PS4 (base and Pro) and Xbox One X. New dynamic tessellation enables detailed terrain height maps without sacrificing performance.
  • New, custom options for body shape have been added to the appearance modifier. This gives players far greater control over how they appear in the universe, increasing the diversity and variety of characters for all races
  • Based on feedback from the community, we’ve added the ability for players on PC to set Hotkey Bindings to rapidly access options in the quick menu. This allows players to bind commonly used functions such as switching to third person, using their torch, or entering photo mode to number keys (or those mice that have loads of buttons).
4 Likes

That’s great thanks! I was wondering why I seemed to be missing things :slight_smile:

1 Like

True but those were last week’s notes. A few hours ago a new update was released, at least for PC.

The below was just posted for steam users while I was typing this :

Latest changes on Experimental (12/09):

• Added the ability to customise the player’s body shape in the Appearance Modifier.

• Enabled quick menu keybinding for PC players.

• Fixed an issue that could prevent other players’ bases from downloading while exploring.

• Restored the ability to use keys/buttons on the Quick Transfer inventory popup.

• Dying after falling into space no longer removes items from your inventory. Falling into space in Permadeath will reset your character into a safe position instead of killing you.

• Added additional landing pads to the Space Anomaly and Atlas Stations.

• Fixed an issue that prevented deleted bases from being cleared out from the teleporter list.

• Introduced a number of optimisations to the audio system and fixed some audio glitches.

• Introduced a number of additional general optimisations.

• Fixed an issue that caused ricochet projectiles not to damage some objects.

• Fixed an issue that prevented rocket boots from functioning (double-tap A to activate or chain boost jumps).

• Added the ability to untag markers.

• Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers to vanish when entering Exocraft.

• Fixed an issue that caused too few predators to be interested in hunting the player.

• Replaced storage containers on freighters with purpose-built storage rooms. Materials have been refunded and new blueprints added.

• Added text chat functionality to Orb multiplayer on PC.

• Added new attack behaviours to the Biological Horrors…

• Fixed a number of issues around Nada + Polo’s dialogue onboard the Space Anomaly.

• Fixed a network error in base building.

• Fixed a crash in base building.

• Fixed a crash in the main menu.

• Fixed a crash in the inventory system.

• Fixed a crash related to multiplayer Monuments.

• Fixed a number of miscellaneous crashes.

• Added rich presence text for the Steam client.

• Fixed an issue that caused discoveries made in a multiplayer session to not immediately sync with other players in that session.

• Fixed an issue that could cause technology to vanish when being repaired.

• Fixed an issue that caused the value of repaired ships + weapons to be too low when trading in.

• Fixed an issue where Pugneum was refined into Big Ball.

• Replaced some duplicated item icons.

• Fixed a number of visual glitches with terrain rendering.

• Fixed an issue that caused timers not to function properly in multiplayer.

• Fixed an issue that could stop base parts being deleted despite the player not being inside the object.

• Fixed an issue that could cause creature feeding missions from the Mission Board to have not appear in the log.

• Fixed an issue where multiplayer Monuments had a missing label.

• Fixed an issue where ship summoning was missing a sound.

• Improved the animations of various alien creatures (particularly those with an above average number of legs).

• Fixed an issue that could cause the Multi-Tool to rotate out of place in the player’s hands.

• Fixed an issue that prevented players with two-handed Multi-Tools from melee boosting.

• Fixed an issue where the camera change key in the Appearance Modifier didn’t work on PC.

• Removed some outdated items from the Guide catalogue

• Fixed an issue where Quads + Walkers showed incorrect information when viewed through the Analysis Visor

• Fixed a number of collision issues onboard frigates.

• Fixed a collision issue with base doorways.

• Allowed Exocraft geobays to be built on top of other structures.

EDIT: Grammar

8 Likes

YES!! THANK YOU!

NOOO! It will be so weird to see the change.

Cool!

HELL YES!

Now we just need more planet colors.

1 Like

Niiiiiice! Looking forward to that one! :slight_smile:

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow: Gone too far the other way, got attacked by an insect eater that was classified as calm

Building appears to be bugged
Keeps putting down 2 items on first item build and good chance that it’ll keep doing it

4 Likes

I think I might actually miss my portable refinery filled with big balls. I guess I was secretly hoping to cash in some day when there was a heavy demand, but alas, HG giveth and HG taketh away.

5 Likes

Weird. Maybe you hit them by accident.

Yes, it had been a while since the experimental branch received an update. The internal branch had been getting several updates though and when we first noticed the latest change to experimental, it was the internal build that was pushed to experimental. Good to see we now have new patch notes to go with it. Thanks for the info, looking forward to this update :wink:

1 Like

The last patch is terrible yes. I have no trouble with items when building but my friend always put 2 items (and destroy a part of my rocky base when he came to “help” ^^).
All voices are vy’keen voices (scarry to hear my korvax scientist in the base shouting “Grah” when i enter…)
The boots are a pain, it’s now dangerous to use the jetpack in certain situation.

Introduced a number of additional general optimisations.

Sure, i have 10 FPS less…

Well, they fixed melee boost. It now operates the same for me, as it did before. I am soooooo happy about it! Also, attacking critters are definitely back.

5 Likes

When you go to repair your frigates, be very careful about using your jet pack. Mine now seems to randomly throw me about fifty feet into the air at the slightest touch. Then I’m drifting in space, life support draining ultra-rapidly, and jet pack completely exhausted.

4 Likes

Very cool. I missed that experience. Didn’t seem natural for all critters to be nice.

Must be a carry on from the jetpack on barren worlds being super touchy.
It does make sense though.

3 Likes

It’s natural enough alright that they wouldn’t attack something completely unknown, but it didn’t feel appropriate for a planet-exploration game :slight_smile:

Update on Steam Experimental [3121965] two hours ago.

Experimental Branch update 14/09 applies the following Experimental-only fixes:

• Fixed an issue where Alien Multi-Tools change stats between 1.59 and 1.60

• Fixed an issue that caused NPCs to all sound like Vy’keen

• Fixed an issue that caused the quick menu to open when using arrow keys

• Fixed an issue that caused base parts to be placed accidentally while navigating the build menu

• Fixed some missing audio in the Quicksilver shop

• Fixed a number of issues with some Quicksilver decals

• Fixed an issue that could cause no dialog options to appear when talking to Nada after finishing the Atlas Path

• Fixed a crash in region generation

1 Like

Building seems to be fixed. I’m only getting one of everything now.

I just wanted to put this here, I hope they give us back the ability to teleport items to our ship from anywhere again.

2 Likes

Thank you. I thought I was losing my mind. First I could transfer my stuff from anywhere to my base, as long as I was in my base. Then it changed and I could only do that from my freighter. Now it seems it doesn’t work from either… please no. That was always a solid reason for me to go back home. I don’t care if it’s the freighter, or the base, but there has to be a place that I can manage all my stuff before beginning another adventure.

2 Likes