NEXT Patch notes - Steam Experimental [POTENTIAL SPOILERS!]

As i did during last update, here is the news from Steam Experimental Branch:

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks so much to everyone who has already spent time playing NEXT and letting us know about any issues you’ve experienced. It’s overwhelming to watch thousands of players begin or continue their journey across the universe.

Steam users are able to opt-in to the Experimental Branch, where we have pushed a rapid patch to fix a number of crashes and other problems around save upgrading. We’ll be rolling out these fixes to other platforms as soon as possible.

To play in Experimental, right-click on No Man’s Sky from the Steam library page and select “Properties”. Among the available tabs will be the “BETAS” tab. Select “Code: 3xperimental” in the dropdown menu under “Select the beta you would like to opt into”.

Issues fixed on Experimental:
Fixed a crash in creature routines
Fixed a crash when multiple players put ammunition into a refiner
Fix for occasional crash when receiving mission rewards
Fix for crash when adjusting anisotropic filtering settings in the graphics options menu
Fix for potential crash in geometry streaming
Improvements to texture caching for AMD GPUs

Fixed an issue where some players still had physical nanites in their inventory that could not be spent at vendors
Granted players nanites when they dismantle their Obsolete Technology - spend nanites on new upgrades in Space Stations
Added a tutorial mission to guide players through the restoration of their old base
Fixed an issue where players were unable to build Frigate Terminals in Creative Mode
Fixed an issue where S-Class ships changed appearance
Fixed an issue where players were unable to build the Base Cache on their freighter to retrieve compensation for the loss of their freighter base
Fixed an issue where some Exosuit technology was not converted to Obsolete Technology. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.
Improved the mapping of old substances to new substances during the save upgrade. Please note this does not apply retroactively to save games that have already been upgraded.

We will continue to listen and respond to bug reports on both main and experimental.

Thank you,

Hello Games.

It’s a 2.7 GB download.

8 Likes

Can anyone remember how long it takes for a patch to be released on PS4 from when it goes live on PC?

well it’s a good thing I kept my pre next save but crap I just found a beautiful planet I don’t want to have to restart again.

If i remember they go live at the same time (let’s ay in the same hour). But the Experimental patch can stay experimental during few days before going live on PC.

@kerdorin: Considering your topic is focused on patch notes in regards to Steam Experimental, while already having another topic for the main patch notes we received, I decided to change your topic title to be more specific instead of merging with the below topic.
[N E X T] Patch Notes & Discussion

Please continue discussion in this topic when it comes to Steam Experimental.

The[quote=“Oshoryu, post:2, topic:5558, full:true”]
Can anyone remember how long it takes for a patch to be released on PS4 from when it goes live on PC?
[/quote]

There are two completely different answers to this question because there are two distribution platforms for the PC version. Others seem to have responded based upon Steam and I will answer based upon my experience with GOG.

The routine emergency patches following an update typically have been made available to GOG players within a business day or so. Patches released to the favored platforms at or near the close of business on the last business day of a week were not available on GOG until the following Monday. There have been a few times when availability on GOG was reasonably close to that for Steam or console.

That said, we still are awaiting an update that would finish implementing the Atlas Update.

I’m on Experimental on Steam and after this patch was released was the first time I jumped in to check out the NEXT update. I was missing the heart of the sun recipe pre-update and the first time I jumped to an Atlas station it immediately gave me the recipe, so that was great to see. I had saved last in my freighter and they started me out flying my ship in space. I summoned my freighter and built the freighter fleet command room, it detected I had no freighter fuel and gave me some.

I also remember Innes McKendrick mentioning some of the ways they have optimized the game, he said they now stream textures. As someone who is playing on a below the recommended spec laptop, this has made the game look so much better. I’m really happy about that.

May have to sign up…I use an AMD and NMS is using 8GB RAM…wonder if the caching is the issue
I know others are only using 2GB RAM

Few new hotfixes:

Latest changes on Experimental (26/07):

Fixed an issue where players who saved after partially repairing some items of technology would be unable to load that savegame. Please note that if the game has not been resaved, then progress has not been lost and will be recovered.

Fixed a crash caused by memory corruption
Fixed a crash in the animation system
Fixed a crash when saving on a freighter
Fixed a crash when fleet expeditions end without their capital ship present
Fixed a number of memory leaks
Fixed an issue where warping in multiplayer could cause players to spawn on a planet rather than in space
Fixed an issue where freighter bases would be in the wrong position
Fixed an issue where the build menu could crash if there was nothing available to build

Fixed an issue where players would be unable to warp during the antimatter stage of the tutorial
Fixed an issue where the mission destination would be incorrectly reported as in another system at the Hermetic Seal phase of the tutorial
Fixed an issue where upgrade modules installed in the main Exosuit inventory would not be saved correctly.

Fixed an issue where portable refiners placed near each other would share inventories
Fixed an issue where the cockpit of some ships would continually open and close
Fixed an issue where new controls were missing from the controls page

6 Likes

I really hope they fix the issue with some of the infrastructure parts (the ones in the “Small Adornments” category) where they don’t snap to other parts like they should.

For example:

• The wall parts don’t snap onto the top of cuboid rooms like they should
  • The corner posts do not snap onto the ends of wall pieces like they’re supposed to

Please, fix this guys! Base building is broken for me with these issues… I love all the new parts and everything, but those corner posts and wall pieces are an important part of my base design scheme!

I’ve sent this as a bug report as well hoping it gets some visibility. I hope I’m not the only one missing those parts!!!

Apparently version 1.51 of the game is now live on PC. But my steam doesn’t download it yet. Can someone confirm the BuildID?

My steam says I have BuildID 2979024 - is this version 1.51?

Sorry this might seem as a noob question…

Don’t know about the build number but I started NMS a few minutes ago and it’s updating on Steam. Still have 23 minutes to go - slow internet. And I’m not on experimental.

2 Likes

@temp Be a sport and please post the BuildID when download finished would you? :+1: :smiley:

Right click on No Man’s Sky
Choose Properties (the last option)
In the window that opens, choose “Local Files”

The BuildID should be in the bottom of the window that opens.

1 Like

BuildID for 1.51 is 2979024

Looks like you have it.

1 Like

Skychild is probably right. Mine currently is 2972778.

Found this:

2 Likes

It’s the same as the experimental ID, so I don’t actually know now. How many GBs is 1.51?

Or: is there anyway to check update/download history from Steam?

It was 1.8 Gb, I believe.

1 Like

Yea… there’s no way that 1.8GBs could have been downloaded without me noticing on my end… so I’ll just wait a little it seems… becuase there is also no way of checking version number inside the game is it?

From the horses mouth…

1 Like

Ok I’ve been doing some digging around, and the best I get is this (posted to help others and so that I don’t forget). I would love it if knowledgeable people could verify that what I’m writing is correct. @DevilinPixy ?

One can check Steam App history for No Man’s Sky here: https://steamdb.info/app/275850/history/

Click on the last public build, and go to the tab Depot in the column on the left.

In the new window, you should see something like this:

Now, check that GID number in the fifth column from the left. That long number 4707… is the so-called manifest number. That is a number that needs to be same with your local copy on your hard drive.

To see whether that number matches with your own local manifest, go to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps

in your computer and open the file appmanifest_275850.acf with your notepad. After some indentations, that file looks like this, and note that the latest manifest number is the same in my local file as it is in the Steam database. This is how I know I’m playing the latest version.