Base Pics are Amazing

Awnings are commonly made with some sort of a frame and fabric, but yes, you could say those are Rigid Awnings. Could also call it an Overhang or Eave I guess.

3 Likes

I’ll write to hello games for both of us. If wealthy system space stations can have tablecloths then we can damn well have our fabric based awnings, trim and curtains! :joy:

(flags with lights make great curtain stand ins for the moment :ok_hand:)

3 Likes

You have noticed the Vy’Keens have curtains…? I want a shag rug.

1 Like

How did you manage to place the geobays on building pieces?
When I tried this, I was only able to put the Colossus geobay on buildings. The Nomad and Roamer ones were constantly in invalid positions.

1 Like

I removed the floor section in the centre of the geobay and used the terrain manipulator to add in a spot just high enough so it sits level with the floor.

3 Likes

Froniter’s Cloud bar still under construction. creative mode.

I got to the higher elevations by building square rooms a couple high, jet packing up, building out with straight corridors, and repeat. I fell a lot, till I got jetpacking up the sides under control. I found that two Straight corridors out allowed the most square rooms up.

After removing the square rooms, still has a construction scaffolding under. I got vertigo and fell alot. I don’t know if I could handle VR up there.

Adding tether, have to make new scaffolding. :roll_eyes: should have thought that out. I think the stairs might be harder. They where hard for me to wrangle into the direction I wanted. I am constructing downward, so that might have something to do with it.

It may take me a bit longer, but invites to all when done. :grin:

14 Likes

That was great, I’ll come :smoking: with you anytime. I built a base and teleporter a crossed the pond. Lets call it the Atlantic Pond, closer to reality. Also, good to know you sleep. :sleeping:

It was a honor hanging out with the legendary and well loved @toddumptious .

14 Likes

My new base in Eissentam

I could not resist for some reason to get creative with one of those Ring Structures. Took a lot of effort aligning the parts to end up in the center, but eventually got it.

Some early attempts at creating the outline I liked:

Changed the outline once more, but it’s close to the above. So then the fun started turning it into a base. All went fine of course when building, even Photo Mode at times to have a good close look. Once again, I feel like I am far from done, resulting in the below so far:

Sadly enough, I have to be quick before a crash, because HG has yet to fix some issues rendering …

18 Likes

:+1: I have yet to find a ring structure. They used to be easy to find.

1 Like

Some cool sky bases happening atm. Thought I’d give it a bash…bit ugly, but its a work in progress :slight_smile:

Weird thing is how uneasy i felt building down, like my real world fear of heights kicking in…

12 Likes

Floating Island Portal outpost is coming together well

The cliff created by the floating island makes for some interesting interior architecture.
I focused on travel on the top level , with landing pads, a base portal, and a save pod for good measure.

Here is the view behind that last shot, looking down towards the Portal gate down below.

On the next level I set up the large refiner, and built a secret passage to my vault behind the stairs.

… just behind the stairs…

maximum security vault! (with an oxygen harvester, for maintaining perfect climate control).

Hanging out on the deck, waving to any Travelers that might pop out of the Portal.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 Likes

I had twenty outposts built in uncharted systems around the outskirts of the ETARC/ECSD hub Starchain on my main save. Wanted to make a video and share but that game has been bugged for over a week now and waiting for a fix.

In the meantime, here’s progress on my base in new save file. This is just the entrance built, it will lead into a large building sticking up out of the mountain to the left.

I had more built, MUCH more, but I didn’t realise I’d crossed that threshold into “your game will crash in photomode now” and lost about an hour or two of building the main compartments into the mountain and some decor.

11 Likes

First work on my new Home in Eissentam is done!

More interior design yet to be done, as well as 3 more base locations within walking distance. I still have a lake, river and outhouse to do … may include the fun cave system (sometimes flooded)

10 Likes

My previous post shows a large mansion up a hill in-between a lake on one side and a nice river on the other. In total I have 4 bases claimed in this area. This time I started work on the river location. I am getting more and more excited about this project :slight_smile:

Overview with the mansion on the hill (left) and the new river-side lodge on the right. You can just see a glimpse of the lake in the background (middle).

Front view

Back/Side view

Having a break with the locals

13 Likes

OMG your cabin is outstanding. Are you on normal mode, or creative? It’s going to take me years to make a big base on normal like I could with creative LMAO.

All the bases here are beautiful and you are all so talented.

2 Likes

Wow I love what you did with the stairs on the edge of the roof. These cabins are amazing! Good job!

3 Likes

I was forced to, due to how quirky the roof pieces are. I would have shifted the roof if it were possible to have the sloped closing piece halfway a roof piece (centered). Sadly enough I can’t get this to work, won’t snap :frowning:

Noticed several other ‘troubles’ as well, but will leave you the details. Attempted for hours to find workarounds for a couple of weird situations, but not been able to get them resolved in any way. On the other hand, I have found some interesting ways as well, which you would not expect to work, so it all levels out I guess.

3 Likes

That roof the way you have it is perfect. It reminds me of cabins up in the north woods of Minnesota heh heh.
The colors and lights are great as well.
I wish I had half the imagination you folks have :smiley:

3 Likes

I usually start with only a small clue of what I want. I am however really patient and not afraid to experiment. The new building system has a lot of oddities that may surprise you. Just keep trying and messing with it until you’re satisfied :wink:

3 Likes

I like to experiment, and I sure learned a lot about making bases too far into the ground, and coming back and having the dirt and rocks back inside of them lol.
I’m slowly collecting my base parts, and can’t wait to get in the building mode again. Base building is absolutely a blast.
I hope they have removed some of the bugs in the big bases after NEXT first came out. There was a lot of “phasing” in a couple of my bases.

There are some really cool caves that the only way you can get inside of them is to go underwater. Once you take a little swim to get into the cave, the caves are gigantic. I bet that would be a great base place.
I tried to build a base underwater, when NEXT first came out, but the buildings were flooded out and full of water.
I wonder if that has been fixed lol.

2 Likes