More Weird Things Hidden In Sequence 2

One thing I heard in both videos was a robotic voice chirping “echo!”.

I think Emily has suggested that overlaying the two messages might provide additional results, but with the amount of distortion on these tracks I’m not sure how fruitful that will be.

I can confirm that these are actually people talking, but the sound designer (Paul Weir) has done an amazing job at designing the sounds to be alien in the game. I doubt anything is ‘hiding’ in those particular sounds from the Atlas Interface. It’s just dang good sound design.

He also uses voices for the other aliens and comms. Just interesting production tidbits.

You’re referring to the Liz Leighton videos, yeah? I’ve not heard that (though it certainly could be there). The main difficulty is the watery/chirpy noises are the result of the type of distortion that occurs in the video (it’s real or simulated MPEG/lossy compression artifacts which, well, sound all chirpy! :slight_smile: ).

Hard to make out much of anything in these, unfortunately. I guess we wait for more of it to be revealed!

The “echo” chirp about 20 seconds into the Elizabeth v1 video posted here: https://forums.etarc.org/t/sigils-videos-elizabeth-video/339

It could be an overcompression artifact, but it sounds deliberate to me. Not any major revelation either way though.

I don’t hear that… but now you’ve got me hearing “echo” in the noise burst that happens at the beginning. Make it stop… :stuck_out_tongue: