Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

Artemis Real-time Orbit Website:

5 Likes

“Don’t split the party!”

“For decades to come” and then we will have another ridiculous excuse to go to war. Oh well, human nature I guess. :wink:

1 Like

ispace Hakuto-R - Mission 1 Lunar Lander

Announced to launch by SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket from from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station at 7:46am UTC on Monday, November 28, 2022.

5 Likes

I like the AROW :slight_smile:
A really neat Artemis tracker application, powered by Unity. Needs some decent hardware to run smoothly, making sure to have Hardware Acceleration enabled (Chrome > Setting > System).

Artemis 1 - Close Flyby of the Moon

NASA will provide live coverage of the outbound powered flyby on Monday, Nov. 21, at 12:15 pm (UTC). The burn will occur at 12:44 pm (UTC), with Orion’s closest approach occurring shortly after at 12:57 pm (UTC).

6 Likes

Love the art style of that vision clip.

3 Likes

Artemis 1 first moon view

5 Likes

Moon Arrival

A look back at home after swinging around the dark side

9 Likes

https://mapoftheuniverse.net/

7 Likes

Japanese moon rover released by Artemis 1, died. :sob: There are Italian and NASA made explorers on their way but the Japanese one was the only one actually landing and roving. Too bad.

Orion heading for distant retrograde orbit about 81 miles above the surface of the moon

5 Likes

Nooo, poor omotenashi!

its mission to land was scrubbed after a failure in establishing communication with the rover. If communications are back, the CubeSat could conduct scientific measurements in space.
OMOTENSHI’s issue was flagged a day after its deployment when the operators informed that they could not establish communication with the CubeSat. They estimated that the solar cells will gradually face the Sun around March next year when they could hopefully connect with the rover. For now, they are working to re-establish contact through additional tests.(JAXA Confirms Losing Contact With CubeSat After Being Released by NASA's Artemis I | Science Times)

5 Likes

Now the cubesat LunaH failed ti launch thrusters but may still be able to function

1 Like
4 Likes

Lovely! Was that time-lapse do you think? Seemed pretty fast.

1 Like

Depending on the position and velocity vector of the spacecraft, that’s perfectly feasible.

2 Likes

My Roskosmos patch finally arrived after just over 40 days in transit, which is not bad considering :slight_smile: Now to pick a jacket to put these on.

Hakuto-R update

Launch now scheduled for Wednesday, November 30th, 2022, at 8:39am UTC.

6 Likes

4 Likes

„launch attempt of its HAKUTO-R Mission 1 lunar lander has been postponed to December 1, 2022“ :expressionless:

3 Likes
3 Likes