Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

5 Likes
7 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
9 Likes

:dizzy::boom::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

:beers:

4 Likes

I love how it’s a few sentences about “oops, NY got floored”, and then several paragraphs about “who’s going to pay for that??” :smile:

3 Likes

the mayor is, he’s got the money lol

3 Likes

Yes, well, people can repopulate but, money doesn’t grow on trees. It’s a sad, sad world :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

For all those reports of strange strings of lights in the night sky;

6 Likes

Welp, time to build telescopes on the moon, I guess. Should be a couple of hundred years until we plaster that orbit full of satellites.

4 Likes

I’m wondering how long it’s going to be before our night sky is converted into a billboard of projected adverticements.
Go out to look at the stars & there’s an ad for fast food floating in the heavens. :thinking: :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Already happening

fit-560w

5 Likes

Yeah… I remember when that idea first popped up about six months ago.
I think its a matter of when, not if. :neutral_face:

3 Likes
7 Likes

No mans sky indeed. Corporation sky :frowning: (oh snap, shouldn’t have typed that, probably gonna get sued by Sky Broadcasting Corporation for the use of the word Sky like hello games did)

5 Likes

Happy Cake Day!

2 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes

Love how it looks, but at the same time I wonder, does it all work as well? The article doesn’t really say much about functionality, but it sure looks great.

I have been following the below YouTube channel for quite some time, where a group of nerds actually attempt to restore the Apollo Guidance Computers (AGC) they used for the missions. The goal is to get these computers they obtained, all working properly again. I am very intrigued by the computers and technology that were used back in the days. Nothing like the technology we have grown used to in such a short time. It gives a good idea of how amazing it actually all was, to be able to put man on the moon.

Edit: Here is the playlist

4 Likes