Latest Space Missions (& Other Science Stuff)

I will periodically update and rename this thread as missions of interest happen.
For those who might be interested.

More info

12 Likes

If I am not too busy and don’t forget, I will sure check it out. I have set a reminder below, which should go live in about 6 hours.

8 Likes

Thank you since the links at the top are not cooperating.

4 Likes

That was fun to watch - the relief and joy in that room must have felt amazing

2 Likes

Yes. I always hold my breath because I know so much time and work went into the project and then they have to wait so long to see if it safely journeyed through space and then all of the things that have to go right for it to be a success…It must be a huge relief when it all works out.

5 Likes

12 Likes

Good base location, but where is the flora? Might be a rendering issue

11 Likes

There should be plenty of Ferrite Dust! The Snappie is probably behind the camera…SNAP!

10 Likes

Monochrome, barren planet :grin:
Probably once had water but got nerfed :wink:

10 Likes

New sky color looks nice, though…

4 Likes
8 Likes

Did you rename the planet? any portal adress? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Dec 3, 2018 Watch Live
https://www.nasa.gov/osiris-rex

8 Likes

I just watched the video and I can’t help myself thinking about No Man’s Sky :grin:

6 Likes

7 Likes

There is a dolphin swimming through the clouds on Jupiter :grin:

11 Likes

Largest dolphin I’ve ever seen. By faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar! :smile:

6 Likes

So I take it this is where all the dolphins abscond to before earth’s destruction in Hitchikers guide? And now they’re mocking us from afar with synchronised body mass pictograms!

3 Likes

I have no idea how many dolphins you’d need to fill out that shape, but I’m pretty sure it’s far more than will have inhabited the earth since their inception to the future day of their extinction…

2 Likes

https://www.geek.com/news/nasa-recorded-the-sounds-of-mars-and-its-almost-all-creepy-bass-1764898/

Not creepy…:sunglasses:

5 Likes