***IMPORTANT*** Game-breaking portal bug!

I have recreated your issue by using a portal to travel to another portal within the same system. It indeed locks out calling ship when it is off planet. Of course I was able to go back through portal to rectify, but strange thing is when I returned, it swapped my ship with alternate ship I had on my freighter. Definitely buggy.

1 Like

well my base is now missing, and i am 6000000ly from missions. so not so good. thanks for recreating part of the problem. I think doing the purge at the centre of the galaxy and switching to new has right royally screwed me.

Manā€¦you look to be royally screwed alright.
Fully sympathise.
Out of curiosity, was your game a fresh 1.3 start or a pre-1.3 save?
So many of us have been glitched into defeat on old saves, that there are only a few left who managed to complete the major quests and retain their original game.

No problems here with 1.3. No restart just continued on.

1 Like

I was on original char. So a sad loss

This happened to me with 1.37. Still on my original game from launch day. I only had 4 glyphs but I thought I would give a portal a go. The portal address was accepted and I went through. After coming through the portal it disappeared behind me, not closed but the whole portal was gone, as if I randomly materialised on another planet somewhere completely unknown.

Built myself a nomad and off I went, came across a few material depots and waypoints and then a trading post. Hung around the trading post for a while but no ships were landing and none flew by.

Set a relay and found a habitable base and unlocked it. Teleported to the space stations in my list and hung about for ages, not one ship landed on the stations, nothing, nada, zilch. Teleported back to the new planet.

Went back to the trading post and asked for directions until I finally got a transmission tower and set off. All of the little journeys i made were a 10-15 minute slog. Got directions to a crashed from the transmission tower and off I set for a 1 hour jaunt across difficult terrain. Stopped at a few waypoints on the way to refuel. Finally I was nearing my destination, as I was drawing close I was so happy I could finally shake this overbearing feeling of being trapped, then over the last hill.

Just a charred spot where a ship should be, if I was the type of person to rage quit, this would have been the perfect opportunity.

I just spent the last few weeks finding a fauna analyser theta, Korvax system after Korvax system, until lady luck gave me a helping hand, and just got an exotic on my freighter. Happy days until this, now I am completely stuck. I refuse to start a new game because of this, at least not yet. I fear my NMS days could come to end, or until I can let go of the losses.

I canā€™t believe HG would engineer this, itā€™s a complete game over event.

Can anyone help? I will submit a bug report to HG. Playing on PS4, all quests complete. Cheers all.

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I do believe that HG is working on the issue, since it has been reported several times.
You have your freighter?
You lost you ship?

Generally when you go to a down ship and there is nothing, that is a beginning point, start of the game.

Portals are unstable.
I have used them a few times.
Not any more until new news comes out.

No sure of what you are asking, normally for me when something abnormal happens, I immediately go back to my previous save.

1 Like

I have a freighter and can summon it but canā€™t get to it. I lost my ship when going through a portal which is not a problem as I knew I would and bought a junker for this. My ā€˜goodā€™ ship is on my freighter, I hope.

I guess my question is how to get space stations or trading posts to start receiving passing ships. It looks like ships have been completely removed from the game, none on stations, none flying past, none. Or how to get a ship to get off the planet.

I only have 3 saves being on PS4 and all have been overwritten by my ignorance and stopping at waypoint markers.

I thought this issue was fixed, but maybe you found a planet with no portal at all? Have you tried scanning for monolith and located portal?

There are not supposed to be any ships available when you go through a portal. This is why you do not see them at any landing pads, not even crashed ships will show. I would suggest you find the portal you came through and go back. Once back you have access to your ship again. If you have trouble finding this portal again, try what @ekult suggested.

There is currently only one way to actually get your ship and everything after using a portal. You would have to claim a base, losing your previous base, go back through the portal, fly to space station and teleport to the new base.

1 Like

Thanks, so thatā€™s that then. My year long game is over. I do not have the glyphs to return. IMO a pretty pointless addition to the game. Gutted

You do not need glyphs to return through a portal. It should remain active, so you can always go back. There have been some issues with portals closing sometimes, but creating a save to restart, should fix that.

Hereā€™s your game breaking portal bug. IT DISAPPEARED! I came through, dropped a SB and GeoBay and took off. This is what I returned to.

NOTHING! My SB and GB are still there. The portal was gone. Not closed, gone.

1 Like

Wow, that certainly is an issue!

I may hope that is not what happened to @Mozwik, nor do I wish that to happen to anyone. There was only a mention of going through a portal and I was not aware of portals disappearing. I doubt there is a solution for this, unless HG can help out. Best to report and hope for the best ā€¦ :worried:

Luckily, I had enough foresight to keep a save on the other side of the portal. I did lose 30 mins worth of mineral gathering, but itā€™s a small price to pay.

Sadly, having read some of the posts here, I think this is what happened. I donā€™t know if there is a way to fix it eitherā€¦hold on.

Are you saying the teleporter was active when you got to the base? That shouldnā€™t beā€¦

Find a portal. If there is one on your planet. It should be active. If it isnā€™t, go back to your base, teleport to the space station and try again. If you have a portal, there is still hope.

@Mozwik: My bad, I must have missed your initial post for some reason or I would have understood the situation better. This is truly a serious issue and even though it somewhat fits the lore, I doubt this is intentional.

@Xion4012: I am glad to hear you ā€˜savedā€™ yourself from a marooned situation. I agree that finding a portal may be the only hope left.

Question to both: Are you on PC or PS4 and what was the portal address used? I would not mind doing some testing and looking for a solution, but it requires running into the same issue.

PS4. I didnā€™t keep the portal address, sadly. I do know that the address was bunk anyway, it gave me the error message before I went through. And I had maybe 8 glyphs at the time.

@Xion4012 I claimed the new base when I found it to activate the portal.

@DevilinPixy PS4, saves pre-portal long gone, stuck alone on a roasting hot planetā€¦

Iā€™ll try to be more specific. Use a signal booster to locate a monolith. Use the monolith to locate a Portal. Go to the portal, it should be active. Like I said, if there is a portal you might still get back.

The teleporter inside you base should not have been active when you got there. They activate after you travel TO them FROM a space station, not the other way around. Lucky for you, you can use the open teleporter in your base as a ā€œresetā€ of sorts, like reloading saves. Passing back and forth through it might activate your portal. (I have had to do this myself before)

2 Likes

Thanks @Xion4012, Iā€™ll give that a go.

The nearest monolith is a 50 minute commute. Not sure my motivation has been restored enough just yet to get going. At least I have mastered getting wicked air in my nomad!

3 Likes