Hello Games' New Game "The Last Campfire" Is Here!

Question: is it releasing on any other platforms tomorrow or only PS4? I am afraid I may not have power by tomorrow. Laura is already dumping a deluge on us and it is still many miles away…gonna be a long couple of days. Would be nice if the Switch release was tomorrow.

3 Likes

So on the official FB page it states available on multiple platforms (each listed) from 27 Aug,

Nintendo Switch is on the list

Sadly not Steam :frowning:

The Last Campfire - Out August 27th on Apple Arcade, Epic Games Store, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

www.thelastcampfiregamecom

5 Likes

Not on Steam because it is going to Epic… :frowning_face:

5 Likes

Well, I think the X-Box version should play fine on a Windows 10 PC.

I loved the graphics of “Lost Winds” (which the developers now associated with Hello Games made) but was irritated at the need to go back and forth in the maze of paths you discover to accomplish tasks. I was pleased to learn (from Seans’s voice-over) that an Explore mode will be available. That’s a good plan.

I do plan to buy this game. I’m no veteran or master gamer and this one also suits my laid back game preference.

I bought No Man’s Sky for two reasons: (1) I love SciFi and (2) the concept of procedurally generating tons of stuff in the game intrigued me. I looked at paying $60 as partly a reward to Hello Games for pursuing that concept and doing the work needed to field the game with a very small staff.

Their starting the “lab” project to encourage more game development warmed my heart. I’m still in awe of what Hello Games has accomplished as well as their motivation and dedication.

6 Likes

I keep forgetting about the xbox/win10 connection. Thanks for the reminder. :smiley:

2 Likes

Announced on FB…out now

From the studio that brought you a procedurally generated infinite universe comes an altogether more intimate, hand-crafted puzzle adventure.

Years of hard-work from three members of the team. So proud of our new sibling!

OUT NOW on Apple Arcade, Epic Games Store, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

Redirecting...

PC players - EPIC Games Store:
https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/the-last-campfire/home

3 Likes

Cannot find it on Switch…

2 Likes

@sheralmyst - found this - it has a price but still says coming Summer 2020, and an Add to Wishlist button,
so guess not available just yet

[EDIT] further investigation looks like a regional issue
I see it available on my local [South Africa - European region] store:

2 Likes

It’s not up on Playstation Store in the US yet either.

2 Likes

If anyone finds out that The Last Campfire has become available on PS4, Switch or Xbox One, please let us know.

2 Likes

I don’t see where it was announced on Facebook. There isn’t a recent post on the Hello Games FB page or The Last Campfire FB page.

2 Likes

In the Nintendo Shop!

3 Likes

It just went up on Playstation Store! Sometime after 1 pm CST

2 Likes
3 Likes

Hi @MacForADay - sorry i rushed and didnt get the FB post link

Strangely enough it was posted from the No Mans Sky FB page !

Redirecting...

3 Likes

3 Likes

NMS Weekend Mission…

Play The Last Campfire :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes
5 Likes

I could not wait. I bought through Epic, not XBox. :slight_smile: $10 discount made the game a “steal.”

2 Likes

“Puzzle Master” prepare thyself. :smile: There are a few that will give you pause. Not too hard though.

2 Likes