[ETARC HUB]: Naming Conventions - POLLS CLOSED

The Votes are in, the Polls are now closed!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who voted for their say, I hope any disappointment is kept to a minimum.

Point 1 - Naming the Capital Planet.

• A runaway, undisputed victory for Edison with 77% of the vote.

Point 2 - Naming the Capital System.

• Winning by three votes, Etarcia Prime takes the winning post with 62% seeing off ETARC Hub: Aemilius on a lowly 38%.

Point 3 - Naming Hub Systems (The Tag)

• Only one vote seperated System_Name ECSD and [ETARC HUB] System_Name so this can hardly be called conclusive.

• However, in light of the Point 4 vote below, the winning entry should be chosen despite the slim lead. Congratulations System_Name ECSD This will also ensure consistency.

Point 4 - Naming Hub Planets.

• Clear victory here for Planet_Name ECSD with an impressive 72%

Point 5 - Naming Flora/Fauna Discoveries

• A one point lead for “Other” will require further deliberation and eventually another vote with cases stated by the for and against.

Point 6 - Naming of Planets & Systems.

• With just a nose in front, Non-Descriptive leads with just one vote and 36% closely followed by naming after members and WT Lore with 29%.

• I suppose a vote for Non-Descriptive would mean there is nothing to stop you naming planets what you want anyway?

Summary

So our Capital, ETARCIA Prime: Edison is out there somewhere, waiting to be discovered.
Along with all planets and stars named non-descriptively at the Traveller’s preference, claimed in the name of the Hub showing the ECSD suffix.
Flora & Fauna have yet to be decided upon with such a narrow victory. But a conversation for another day, now we give thanks to all who participated and eagerly await where we will place our flag. @Xion4012, over to you!

I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this, I hope I did you all proud.

Thank you all and, “Ad Astra”

Osh

5 Likes