[ETARC HUB]: Naming Conventions - POLLS CLOSED

I was most concerned with point 6 but you clarified that.

On our (CSFD) path towards the true center, I’ve been using ETARC System Name for systems and Planet Name - (CSFD) for planets. For us Citizen Scientist Frontier Division folks.

I personally don’t have any strong opinions yet on HUB names.

Capital name…hmm…I’d like to see it tied into something about NMS myself. Maybe we need to find a planet with diplos and call it something like Diplopolis. Something to tie it into our awesome game imo.

4 Likes

@Sir_oops, I’ve amended Points 4 to fall in line with your suggestion. I have also clarified the text a little on Point 6. Hope this is clearer now.

I too have followed the same pattern and continue to do so. Should we name Tag Hub planets with CSFD though or should it be something separate?

I can add your suggestion for Diplopolis to the list if you want? Of course this depends on finding a Hub Capital with Diplo’s on in the first place but I love the rolls off the tongue!

Schedule

I’m just trying collate everyone’s ideas and add them to the Thread Agenda at the moment as these suggestions will form the polls that we vote upon, so please, the more options for each Point the better!

I will look to start Polling on Wednesday 1st November so everyone still has two weeks to think about their submissions. (If anyone thinks this isn’t long enough, again, please let me know) Anonymous ideas can be PM’d to me if you don’t want your name appearing next to the submission.

This information will be added to the first post too.

4 Likes

Yes, it certainly would require us to find diplos on a favorable Capital planet!

Why not add it as a possible name. Maybe I’ll be the only one but I like it :slight_smile:

I’m more flexible for the hub folks on the name. I don’t need to use CSFD there but I wouldn’t be opposed to having some presence there.

4 Likes

I think CSFD should be there to indicate it is founded by those of the CSFD.
It will show how many players are with us/joined us.
ETARC is for the center.
That is the way I am naming system at this time.

3 Likes

How about a system called
‘Etarcia Prime: Official ETARC Hub’.
(Named after Etarc and prime for the first Etarc hub).
Just a suggested name using things we value. We need a poll to decide on a name…maybe a competition and then a vote…
Anyway,
In THAT system, have the planets named after the various devisons of the Etarcian CSD Collective (us).
Those would include the:
Frontiers Devision CSFD.
The Explorers Devision ECSD.
and any others… (I haven’t noted exactly how many variables we have)
So long as we can find a system with enough planets to suit…6 is the max isnt it?
That would give us sturdy names that even after a re-seed would still apply.

4 Likes

I like the idea of the hub capital system having six planets for divisions. How many divisions do we have? Having an embassy system near by would be neat to.

System or planet name ideas, “Elmer”, “Gruffham”, “Elmer Gruffham”, " Emma", “Zenith”, “Hallicrafters”, screen name of Etarc hub members and forum users, waking titan site names and terms.

Idea for capitol system “Edisonica”.

4 Likes

First Post amended as per the following:

Point 1: Capital Planet Name
Diplopolis @Wyo
Edisonica @Sir_oops

Point 2: Capital System Name
Etarcia Prime: Official ETARC Hub @Mad-Hatter

Point 4: Naming Hub Planet Tag
ECSD @Mad-Hatter
CSFD @zsigmond

Point 6: Names of Planets/Systems connected to the Hub
Elmer @Sir_oops
Gruffham @Sir_oops
Elmer Gruffham @Sir_oops
Emma @Sir_oops
Zenith @Sir_oops
Hallicrafters @Sir_oops

Please let me know if this is incorrect or if I’ve missed anything, (it’s early here!)

Hopefully, this will answer your question better.

I’ve created a little graphic to illustrate exactly what we will be voting on, I hope this makes it a little easier to understand, (Probably just added more mud though…)

5 Likes

it make it clear, nice work, thanks.

4 Likes

Just a friendly reminder that voting for the above points will begin in one weeks time on 1st November.

By the slowing down of input I guess we’re nearly there but if there’s any suggestions for any of the above Points in the first post, please speak up!

Many thanks all!

2 Likes

If theres a moon in the system, all I ask is we name it Mr Noodles (or Mrs. Noodles… we can vote) and the planet it clings to be named Bob. :smiley:

4 Likes

How about Kylo-Bob?

3 Likes

One more day till voting begins!

Any more suggestions for any of the points please speak up!

@toddumptious & @Sir_oops, suggestions have been added.

1 Like

Update: 31/10/17

The Polls are up!

I’ve added “Other” to each category just in case we have any last minute mind changers or for those, “I like part of Option 1 and part of Option 2” moments.

I’m posting this a day early to give everyone as much time as possible and it’s looking like a suitable location has been discovered. Voting will close on Thursday 9th November giving you 10 days.

Once complete, I will collate the results and pass these onto @Xion4012 to be implemented in any progress and discoveries made in finding us all a home.

Before voting I would urge you to read through the thread again to re-familiarise yourselves with the reasons and explanations given for each submission.

Many thanks all.

1 Like

To tell the story - 25 galaxies at the moment
2 Galaxies - no sane person would want to live in them
all others- pick your posion

at this time 8% of the galaies are bad bad bad news lol

2 Likes

Just to clarify my thoughts/suggestions.
My suggested capital name of ETARCIA would be best adopted with the word ‘OFFICIAL’ dropped.
More something like
ETARCIA: ETARC HUB CAPITAL.
I think that sounds better…

Also in point 6 ‘descriptive’. Can this be read to include creative names suggestive of what a visitor might find there without bluntly stating what’s there or would that come under ‘random/freeflowing’? Or should I pick ‘other’ to cover that one…?

Good work @Oshoryu!

1 Like

Descriptive, as in “Fungal Cactus World” or “Frozen Waste” or “Heridium and Gold” or “Land of the Diplos”

As opposed to non-descriptive which gives no clues as to what you will find there, ie: Random and Free-flowing.

A vote for Other in Point 6 could mean you have different suggestions as to how to name planets and systems.

I’m sure the vote won’t be affected by dropping “Official” from it, early indications are that ETARCIA is leading the vote, however proud I am of coming up with Aemilius…:disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Thanks. Choice made.

1 Like

Two days left to get your votes in!

I will close the polls at 15:00 GMT

1 Like

The Votes are in, the Polls are now closed!

Firstly, thank you to everyone who voted for their say, I hope any disappointment is kept to a minimum.

Point 1 - Naming the Capital Planet.

• A runaway, undisputed victory for Edison with 77% of the vote.

Point 2 - Naming the Capital System.

• Winning by three votes, Etarcia Prime takes the winning post with 62% seeing off ETARC Hub: Aemilius on a lowly 38%.

Point 3 - Naming Hub Systems (The Tag)

• Only one vote seperated System_Name ECSD and [ETARC HUB] System_Name so this can hardly be called conclusive.

• However, in light of the Point 4 vote below, the winning entry should be chosen despite the slim lead. Congratulations System_Name ECSD This will also ensure consistency.

Point 4 - Naming Hub Planets.

• Clear victory here for Planet_Name ECSD with an impressive 72%

Point 5 - Naming Flora/Fauna Discoveries

• A one point lead for “Other” will require further deliberation and eventually another vote with cases stated by the for and against.

Point 6 - Naming of Planets & Systems.

• With just a nose in front, Non-Descriptive leads with just one vote and 36% closely followed by naming after members and WT Lore with 29%.

• I suppose a vote for Non-Descriptive would mean there is nothing to stop you naming planets what you want anyway?

Summary

So our Capital, ETARCIA Prime: Edison is out there somewhere, waiting to be discovered.
Along with all planets and stars named non-descriptively at the Traveller’s preference, claimed in the name of the Hub showing the ECSD suffix.
Flora & Fauna have yet to be decided upon with such a narrow victory. But a conversation for another day, now we give thanks to all who participated and eagerly await where we will place our flag. @Xion4012, over to you!

I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this, I hope I did you all proud.

Thank you all and, “Ad Astra”

Osh

5 Likes

I’m glad I voted, I may have been the deciding factor.Now the question is where in the galaxy should be the Hub?

2 Likes