[ETARC HUB]: Citizen Science Frontiers Division CSFD

How can I get updated on the Frontiers Division, and joining up?

1 Like

This Topic is basically HQ.
The best way to get up to date is to read through the 12 Instigator’s bi-weekly reports and the Op.
I have been thinking of consolidating and starting a new topic. We have made some rules and goals. Many head up by me. The rules and goals, should be contained mostly in those 13 topics.

Or just start here at number #12. Hit that member roll call, button and start getting involved.
You can report address here. [ETARC HUB]: CSFD Address reporting
You can find a list of are current outpost here. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qilpVOtRpT0nXBzmsQaqUzpMgxg7aDQ782PWEVciltY/edit?usp=sharing

If you want to travel the Trans-Galactic Highway and get to Zig at galaxy #68, we have one hiccup we still need an outpost for galaxies 1,3-6, 10, and 15. Perhaps you can help with that.

@Sir_oops I will check my list of notes for the galaxies.
Can’t go backwards … that would be cool if we could!

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

2 Likes

Any more ideas or updates on the logo. I think it looks great. How and when do we use it?

1 Like

Idk, might have to wait for an update with custom decal, so we can slap on the sides of our ships and buildings. :grinning:

You got some ideas?

Here is the logo topic.
https://forums.etarc.org/t/citizen-scientists-division-needs-collaborative-user-designed-logo/2728

The current Logo may as well become canon by now.

2 Likes

After reading through the thread, I think the logo sticks! Looks great

4 Likes

@ashusurus, Love the MINDMAP, Any interest in adding and/or making a separate one for E’CSFD?

We are kind of the Etaricans away, from home, some way away!:grinning: With HQ on the Star chain.

I believe the Map will help. I also want to make sure we apply to the standards set by the Etarc Hub.

I am planning on reviving this, I have neglected it with getting a Home (ETARC) established, among other-Sim-ly affairs. Sorry guys. :pensive:

It has been requested that we make a short summary history as being apart of the Etarc Hub. Anyone up to the task?

I will try to get the NEXT Report up soon. :wink: @zsigmond and @Wyo you still with me? How about you other Wonderful Noble Nomadic Frontiers?

Blessings,
:v::fist::love_you_gesture::call_me_hand:
Just another Instigator,
Sir Oops

Next report soon…

4 Likes

I’m still exploring towards the center @Sir_oops. Not like @zsigmond but I’m slowly working my way inward. Enjoying the heck out of Kikolgallr!!!

2 Likes

Me too, I have one ship filled with warp cells, Jumped some a week back. In calypsos, still.

@Sir_oops
Gladly. I’ll Integrate the CSFD data into the Next version of the MindMap,
Since the CSFD share the same ideologies of the ETARC HUB for Polity and Gameplay, it’ll only need it’s separate streams for Location, Logo, Forums, Etc.
It’ll be easier and cleaner to integrate it into the same Map. The details will show on the next iteration. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Posting the Existing MindMap Iteration for more Visibility.

3 Likes

noticed there isn’t a slot for a Bard. Someone that writes, collects, illustrates, and/or otherwise assembles and organizes stories and art, related to the hub and it’s members. I suppose it’s very similar to LoreMonger, but less lore and more entertainment. i.e. After a story is told by the Bard, inquisitive members might ask the LoreMonger if any of it was true.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind, seeing some role-playing slash storytelling in the frontiers and the hub. My reports are a little dramatic, like i am addressing the troops. :smile: @Captain_Jack make sure you repost here, ETARC/ Hub Discussion started July 17, 2018 If you meant the ETARC hub more in general.

I believe @zsigmond has answered via posting to the reporting topic. :joy: looks like he is leaving the 77th galaxy in his wake. :rocket:

1 Like

I was thinking that “Logo” could be expanded to “Creative”, which would open it up to posters, flag designs, constellation maps, and perhaps even music- under which a Bard would fit nicely. :thinking:

Whatcha think?

1 Like

I think so too. I would hate to see the creative stop flowing. You should ask @Dolnor first. Or start a new topic or several new topics, one for each. :thinking: This is me encouraging the instigation of Art, not Instigating the Hub or more logos :grimacing:

You know, The frontiers do need their, lets call it a mission patch polished up. :cold_sweat:

1 Like

How is this for our Intro history? mostly from the mission statement.

image Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?

ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD) is the first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine. It is for the true nomads, pioneers and explorers. Those restless sailors of the Cosmos’ duty is to explore the farthest reaches and limitations of the Mercury Subroutine. Their ultimate goal is to reach the True Center . On their way, they will leave a breadcrumb trail of discoveries in their wake, all claimed in the name of the ECSD. On this pilgrimage to reach the 257th dimension, these scouts of the universe will establish a network of portals and base one jump form each center to catch up other wonders of the void and to help in the return to Euclid. (If rumors are true!) We call this network the “The Etarc Hub’s Trans-Galactic Highway.” These noble souls will also report back to our forum with occasional reports of their best finds, with some coordinates and screenshots if they are so inclined. Everything is done on a volunteer basis, so anytime a member feels like stopping this role-playing to do something else in game, they may.

5 Likes

Gladly. I’ll integrate a role for the bard as “Chronicler” - the collector of galactic tales and the Bard of the stars😎.

2 Likes

Not exactly sure what you mean by ‘wrap text’, could you explain what exactly it is you wish to accomplish.

If you wish to force text to be next to an image, then reducing size of the image will somewhat work. However, it is dependant on the device you are using to check the forums. How the result looks, depends on the resolution used to view. For example:

PC

Mobile
Mobile

Ready for some trickery?

A trick you could use to force the text to be next to the logo, is to use a table. For example:

Markdown

|||
|---|---|
|![image\|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)|Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?|

Note: Make sure to use an escape character (\) in front of pipes (|) in the image upload!

HTML

<table>
<tr>
<td>

![image|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)
</td>
<td>Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?</td>
</tr>
</table>

Note: Make sure to have the image on a separate line with an empty line above, or it will be treated as plain text

Result

image Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?

This will create a table, where the full width is made to fit your resolution, and depends on the content of each column within. Column 1 contains the image, which will not be scaled. Column 2 contains text, which will be next to it, but wraps depending on resolution. This could result in a very narrow part for the text if your resolution is low (mobile), and potentially still be forced below.

It is not possible to force the width of the text, column 2. However, an additional trick can be used, knowing that an image is not scaled down. You could add an image to the 2nd column above the text, to enforce the width in column 2. Preferred to use a transparent image, to not be visible. In below example I will use the logo however:

Markdown

|||
|---|---|
|![image\|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)|![image\|250x1](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)<br/>Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?|

Note: The linebreak <br/> is used after the image in column 2, so text will continue below. The image in column 2 is only 1px high, giving the impression there is nothing (if transparent), while it enforces a width of 250px in this case, to fit text.

HTML

<table>
<tr>
<td>

![image|250x250](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)
</td>
<td>

![image|250x1](upload://zAPpaHYWpozQKJSIAmonA2vz5wp.png)
Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?
</td>
</tr>
</table>

Note: The text in above HTML is placed on a new line, directly after the image in column 2.

Result

image image
Wrap text if i knew how? anyone?

Now both columns of the table are forced at 250px width. The text will only wrap once it exceeds the width of the image above.

Conclusion

Sure it is possible to enforce results at times. However, not always sure if this should be done. Not only will you spend extra time, but depending on device, it may end up feeling unintuitive. Usually, if you want it to look good, get on a proper device with a good resolution, as mobile has it’s limitations. Trickery is fun, results may vary!

4 Likes

Ok, Let me try.

image image
ECSD’s Frontiers (a.k.a CSFD) is the first initiative of it’s kind in the Mercury Subroutine. It is for the true nomads, pioneers and explorers. Those restless sailors of the Cosmos’ duty is to explore the farthest reaches and limitations of the Mercury Subroutine. Their ultimate goal is to reach the True Center . On their way, they will leave a breadcrumb trail of discoveries in their wake, all claimed in the name of the ECSD. On this pilgrimage to reach the 257th dimension, these scouts of the universe will establish a network of portals and base one jump form each center to catch up other wonders of the void and to help in the return to Euclid. (If rumors are true!) We call this network the “The Etarc Hub’s Trans-Galactic Highway.” These noble souls will also report back to our forum with occasional reports of their best finds, with some coordinates and screenshots if they are so inclined. Everything is done on a volunteer basis, so anytime a member feels like stopping this role-playing to do something else in game, they may.

Yeah that is what I wanted to do, but you are right, how is this going to look on other device. I have a PC and tablet, but as far as mobile, I am a settler, still got a slide phone with keyboard. :roll_eyes: eye roll on myself for not getting with it and get a “smart phone”.

It is really up to the person posting these, anyhow. Yet, I will gladly added this to the old tool belt. Thank you @DevilinPixy , I appreciate your help. :sunglasses: I thought of just @ing you, to start with. I figured you would have the answer. :grin:

1 Like