Tips & Tricks

I use the methods yourself and @Mad-Hatter have mentioned but I also buy any dihydrogen jelly I see in shops so I can refine it, every little helps :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I have yet to do any refining, or try the new machines, so not sure if anything has changed.

For Tritium I just mined it in space, as this could not be obtained through refining. I could mine this pretty fast, as I have a macro on my mouse button to shoot really fast without overheating. Of course buying is a good alternative.

As for Di-hydrogen, there is a simple refining cycle with Di-hydrogen Jelly. Which basically turns into more than you start with.
1 Di-hydrogen Jelly turns into 50 Di-hydrogen
30 Di-hydrogen turns into 1 Di-hydrogen Jelly
So I always kept multiple Jelly, to always be able to make more through a few cycles in a refiner.

6 Likes

I’d always used carbon planters to get carbon, I was amazed to just find out you can refine oxygen for carbon on a 1:1 ratio. Handy for base parts.

Anyone know if this was the case before beyond? Just so I can gauge my own ignorance…:smiley:

4 Likes

For Tritium, I always purchase thousands while in good economy systems.

For Dihydrogen, I do run-by shootings of every collection of blue crystals I see. Without ever stopping, I get plenty for building and freighter fuel. Of course, I do at least a 2 minute jaunt on every planet I land on for exploration purposes.

4 Likes

Yes, you could refine oxygen into carbon before, just not a great ratio.
Consider 2 Carbon refines into 1 Condensed Carbon, then add some oxygen to really make it worth your while.
1 Condensed Carbon + 2 Oxygen = 6 Condensed Carbon, which refines back to 12 Carbon.

There are some nice cheap cycles if you take some time to get familiar with them.

5 Likes
5 Likes

Very important when fighting sentinels is
is to shoot the canisters that drop after each fight,
they put your shielding to maximum.

8 Likes

I didn’t know pirates could attack you on a planet! Has this been there before Beyond? I was just flying around and then I had to fend off 5 or 6 ships. Quite a bit different when you have to avoid the terrain! As I was fighting, I also saw a crashed freighter below.

5 Likes

The only time this ever happened to me was when they warped in while I was in space, and then followed me into the atmosphere. Never had any pirates starting an attack planet side, neither in beyond nor ever. Might have been a glitch.

And to stay on topic, here’s a tip: An S-class frigate turns out to be a unit-dumping donkey. Can do a two-star mission in its field on its own with one hand behind its back and brings home goods to the tune of 2 million…

5 Likes

Thus my small fleets. Easier to get them up to 'S’specs and once there, it’s a good return on your efforts making frigate fuel as you send them out individually or in pairs.
It’s a bit like the intensive farming that started in Atlas Rises… Yes, you can go hard and earn a fortune but really a gradual build up of income increases the game time and lessens grinding.

On a side note since theres no dedicated thread;
Does anyone know how the a b c or s rating on your banner (in the appearance modifier interface) is calculated? I’m guessing it’s the ship you fly but I’m unsure…

3 Likes

Banner - Yes, from the Space Ship.

3 Likes

If you are being chased by a pirate in space they will sometimes follow you down to the planet and continue to engage unless you get out of your ship. To me, dog fighting is much more fun in the clouds than in space.

3 Likes

I had been on the planet a while so it wasn’t that. Curious to see if it was just a glitch or if there was a ‘trick’ to it.

3 Likes

I shot down a couple of baddies who were pickin on me. The one that hit the ground exploded & the other that hit the water looked like it splashed… I thought that was a nice touch.

6 Likes

Had this happen to me recently. I can’t remember the exact context, I’ll have to check back on the footage to confirm. But I wasnt on foot exactly, I had just gotten into my ship and was flying towards the clouds when I noticed they’d already breached the atmosphere and were heading straight for me. There was a warning about attack ships but wasn’t the typical scan. I had just loaded in to my save. Its possible there was a freighter spawned in and under attack.

5 Likes

Just makes we wonder then. I guess we’ll see how often this stuff shows up.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t you know, shooting jellyfish counts towards exterminate creatures missions :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You will often warp into a system, and find a capital ship under attack. If you ignore the attack, and go do something else, the attackers will eventually break off the fight (this can take a while - 30 minutes or so). They don’t disappear, though. They will then wander the system in small groups, looking for other things to attack.

You can sometimes find them attacking smaller freighters. Sometimes you will see them attacking independent frigates.

Sometimes they wander into a planet’s atmosphere. Sometimes, what they find to attack is you.

I’ve only ever seen them attack ships, though. I’ve never seen them attack a traveller or NPC on foot.

6 Likes

I wonder does killing those giant hostile fish count towards predator missions. They never did before but I haven’t checked since before next. I don’t mean the angler fish etc but the discoverable fauna. Although now I’m wondering if the angler fish or the kinda ghost fish that attack you added in abyss will count towards predator missions. :thinking: Guess I’m trying that out later tonight :smiley:

5 Likes

Were they the Abyssal Horrors? Just found some of those… or they found me. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes