PC/Non-VR --NPC Ships landing In station disappear

Sometimes I see them visibly flying in and as I turn to watch them land --they disappear.

Other times, they land, turn and the pilot pops out and walks around the ship. I approach --and both the ship and pilot disappear.

Yesterday, on planets, every time I tried following a pair of npc ships hoping they would lead me to a Landing Pad or a Trade Post, I would get close enough to see the ships (rather than just their trails) --they disappeared.

This has been happening for the last two days whether or not I am grouped with someone…

4 Likes

You mean like this

3 Likes

lol!

No, not in the Nexus, and it wasn’t stunt pilots. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’ve had the same issue on PS4. If you turn and the ship leaves your FoV it’s gone altogether and sometimes will disappear right in front of your eyes while trying to interact with them.
Seem’s fine in PSVR mode.

2 Likes

After the PC exp update today, I have noticed the same in non-VR. I was just on the space station and this is what I saw outside

and even though I saw several of them headed into the station, none ever landed or materialized. When I went outside, they were there for a second or two, then POOF! gone.

3 Likes

I’ve been in some stations watch the ships approach and poof gone
none landed inside

4 Likes

I have only noticed this problem recently but now that I think back space stations have been very quiet most of the time. I think I had more landing before the first patch or two.

Only got my freighter last night on new playthrough and that’s when I noticed the ships flying towards it would disappear.

The boundary breaks are getting out of hand, more people lost to the space in between iterations , to the world of glass. At least Artemis will have lots of company now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Depends…might just be masses of ship bits and disembodied limbs :grimacing: :scream:
That wouldn’t be my idea of ‘company’ in the dark void of the hereafter…

4 Likes

Oh, crumbs…

5 Likes

My empty space station was once again active the next time I visited it. Same game, no restart. They just started landing. Funny thing though, the ships would all leave at the same moment…

2 Likes

What galactic faux pas did you commit to be shunned by an entire space station?

3 Likes

Ok this is also happening in my freighter which I just got today. :frowning:

1 Like

It may have something to do with the ships being too large to fit on the spacestations.

But it may also be caused by a wonky LOD as i noticed that if I watch a ship land, turn around and turn back the ship disappears.

2 Likes

Yeah. This is a recent issue. I have played every patch and had not seen disappearing ships until today. It’s like the Bermuda Triangle out there, :smile: However, the PC experimental patch today seems to have fixed it…:crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Good one! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I think it depended on the system. I had no problems in some systems but others were like ghost town. I mean even some of my haulers have issues.

5 Likes

Hmmmm…today, I have been to 4 space stations and none of them had a single ship land. I can see them outside but they must have other places to be…

1 Like

Is there a freighter nearby? Yours, maybe?

1 Like

Not close by and mine remains at home.

1 Like

Great news! Vanishing fleets have made a comeback. :upside_down_face:

1 Like