BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

9 posts were split to a new topic: Who Says You Have the Right?

There is an update out, no notes as of yet

4 Likes

GOG claims there is a new build 2.26. As far as I know there was no experimental branch running.

2 Likes

Any hints on the content from those that have played after the update??

2 Likes

Waiting on anything official, but here are two links with the new update discussion:

5 Likes

Update 2.26:

Development Update

A minor game update to support the upcoming shop items has been released on all platforms today. We have another, more substantial update arriving in the not-too-distant future, and much more planned for 2020 that we look forward to sharing with you!

Thank you so much,
Sean

7 Likes

Release notes are up.

3 Likes

Headcrabs!

(Well, actually more like Head CuteThings - but you get the idea).

7 Likes

Commencing on Monday 27th, Polo’s Robotic Companion will begin compiling community research data to unlock a new category of customisation: coloured jetpack trails!

So now we can get together and put on an air show! :small_airplane: :small_airplane:

I wonder what is next on the agenda?
We have another, more substantial update arriving in the not-too-distant future, and much more planned for 2020 t

5 Likes

I hope that 2020 brings improvements that center on exploration.

6 Likes

I’d be happier if they could find a way to fix all the old stale zombie-bugs that never seem to stay dead, as well as fixing some that they are probably going to blame on the lore --again.

Coloured jet pack streams? Really, HG? :roll_eyes:

Glad you’re having fun with creating all these innovations, but please…

6 Likes

Farting Rainbows is now a thing

6 Likes

I can’t wait, :rainbow:

9 Likes

Huh… I never realised that that thing has some eerie resemblance to silicon lifes from “Blame!”

4 Likes

Talk about being the butt of a joke! :smiley:

4 Likes

The update has introduced harder (or at least newer) number puzzles to transmission towers (the ones where you can find crashed ships). The puzzle involved 3 numbers instead of the usual 2.

Also new bugs : the person in the transmission tower was under the floorboards, only their head was showing.

2 Likes

They should introduce a new galaxy type, with all new varieties. I’m sure it would only take a couple of hours (months) to program it :wink: So galaxies V3.0. Maybe this is why we have these glitches that we are repairing - we’re not repairing, we’re are feeding the new V3.0 galaxies. Once you go to V3, there is no going back as they exist in galaxies full of dark matter only (or something). The choice is yours - stay in the existing space and keep your bases or move to V3.0. I think most would eventually choose V3 space?

3 Likes

Ahhh. Headhunter trophy!

4 Likes

The lore we’re getting seems to be heading for a reset, I hope. And if planetary rotation was ever a thing (but I’m doubting this statement that beta testers asked for it to be removed), I hope they bring it back. We have waypoints, if a planet is worth to be revisited, you can place one.

5 Likes

The statement from Hello Games is not new. It was back in 2016 that I first read planetary rotation had been removed during beta testing.

Of course, Hello Games saying they removed planetary rotation doesn’t 100% prove they put it in to start with - but if they didn’t, why mention it at all? Particularly at such an early date?

2 Likes