BEYOND has released! (plus patches)

Patch notes

Summary
  • Added Featured Bases to the teleporter on the Space Anomaly.
  • The list of featured bases will change periodically to highlight the best the base building community has to offer.
  • The Featured Bases lists allows anyone aboard the Space Anomaly to easily visit and be inspired by other base creators.
  • Bases featured in the list are protected to keep them as their architect intended.
  • Added a new series of story-based mission to the Nexus.
  • These missions are available each weekend and will advance over the course of the coming months.
  • These missions are highlighted when viewing the Nexus mission board and reward a large amount of Quicksilver.
  • Missions will involve using a portal to travel to a unique destination. This destination is shared across the entire community.
  • Fixed an issue that caused galactic generation on PS4 to be out of sync with other platforms. This caused some system to vanish with the arrival of Beyond. These systems have been fully restored. As a result, however, some of the new and erroneously-created systems have been hidden on the galaxy map. These systems can still be visited via teleporter if bases have been established there.
  • Fixed a number of issues related to the display of base screenshots in the Space Anomaly Teleporter list.
  • Fixed an issue that caused reported bases to linger in the save-game of those who reported them.
  • Allowed bases to be reported via the Build Menu, for instances where the base computer is not locatable.
  • Added an autosave when handing in a mission on the Nexus.
  • Added a community goal progress tracker above the Quicksilver shop in the Space Anomaly.
  • Added a notification to clarify that your position is not saved while undertaking a multiplayer mission from the Nexus.
  • Added the name of the current galaxy to the Galactic Map.
  • Increased the stack size of Living Pearls.
  • Added an icon to Kelp Sacs that appears when scanned, similar to sodium and oxygen-rich plants.
  • Fixed an issue that caused long load times and poor performance around bases with complex power and wiring setups.
  • Fixed an issue that caused tagged markers not to clear when their object was used.
  • Fixed an issue that caused glitches in water rendering when entering the atmosphere.
  • Fixed an issue where players could get stuck when performing a gesture while seated.
  • Fixed an issue where NPC ship pilots would get out of their ship and become stuck within its landing gear.
  • Fixed a number of issues that prevented switches being used when visiting other bases.
  • Fixed an issue where background missions can update and disrupt a Nexus mission.
  • Fixed an issue where Ares had the wrong head.
  • Fixed a crash in network replication.
  • Fixed a number of rendering crashes.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when viewing discoveries.
11 Likes

where an anomalous – and possibly sinister – force has begun to leak through to this universe…

Oho, some people might be getting their villains after all… In a couple of months.
Missions only available on weekends… Aka the days of the week when I have the least time. Grrrreat.

Also looking forward to seeing what new features the next update holds, sounds it’s going to be a named one.

7 Likes

Fixed an issue that caused glitches in water rendering when entering the atmosphere.
Yippeeee!!! :smile:
And thank goodness
Fixed an issue where Ares had the wrong head

5 Likes

PS4 NORMAL LEGACY SAVE. (post-patch carbon exploit)
Don’t look if you don’t want to know.

Summary

Since the last patch;
I have a large bank of previously broken Carbon Planters on my Freighter/Capital Ship which are regenerating simply by walking downstairs through the 2 doors & back up again.
Not a huge perk as most legacy saves would have fully completed inventories & stores, (carbon planters only took 10 minutes anyway), but it has been a nice easy way of quickly bringing my carbon and condensed carbon stocks up to near maximum.

Edit

Summary

Also works by teleporting between terrestrial bases with planters installed.
Works with newly installed planters as well as existing ones.

6 Likes

I was starting to think SM had abandoned twitter. :sweat_smile: A day late is better than not at all.

8 Likes

Patch Notes

• Prevented terrain edits from being made inside any bases that you do not have permission to edit, or within 2km of a featured base.
  • Small bases made on planets with a featured base are no longer automatically downloaded to all players
  • Reduced the display radius for base computer markers made by players visiting planets with featured bases.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented Communications Stations from being placed outside of bases.
  • Restored Communication Stations and Message modules to the construction research station on the Space Anomaly.
  • Fixed an issue that could send players to a planet with no Knowledge Stones when locating Portal glyphs for the weekend mission.
  • Fixed an issue that could mark weekend missions as encrypted and override their rewards.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented glyphs being entered into Portals more than once.
  • Fixed an issue where Portals featured in missions would not activate.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when the player has no ship (including when on the other side of a mission-related portal).
  • Fixed a rare crash in the interaction system.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the Sphere Creator to create too many spheres when used in multiplayer.
8 Likes

Cryptic clue? Or is SM just hungry for a snack? :laughing:

6 Likes

New cookies confirmed for the future grill :crazy_face:

3 Likes

for the game camp fire?

2 Likes

It sounds more like him realising that he has no life…

3 Likes

:grin::cry:
Nah. We are going to get real weather in NMS. :wink: A toggle for disasters like the old sim city game

And this latest update took my trees away again. They came back with 2.15 and 2.16 have left me with only the closest trees visible…For the longest time now, it seems that the graphic settings in-game have almost no affect.

4 Likes

Agreed. Even though I changed the file from “read only”.

I’m getting to the point where my work is more compelling than NMS. :joy:

Not quite there yet, though I only log in these days to do the daily QS mission, give the farmer his daily plant samples, and see if the base computer has upchucked any further information.

2 Likes

Draw back the veils of time. Pierce the mists, and return to the year 1958.

A much smaller Polyphemus is in his first year at primary school. Every day, at morning break, he has to queue with the other kids for a tiny bottle of milk, and a jammie dodger.

Heaven.

8 Likes

Anyone else STILL having trouble with Quicksilver missions NOT stacking? (PS4). For me its the third-or-so time that i’ve left the game for a few days only to come back and find only one mission available even after 2.16… Motivation to play these days is already …kzktt… fading … just need …tkzzkt…. a reason…

Quicksilver missions and item rewards were a good addition to the game, but I do feel that it is a bit hollow and has little to do with the overall gameplay experience… Hope HG is looking to enhance how the various layers of this game interact… I think the story needs expanding i.e. exploring the creation of ATLAS such as a realm where Atlas was designed and created and for what reason?..

6 Likes

I believe story expansion is where we are headed, :crossed_fingers:
As for missions stacking, mine will stack even though my PC was off for a couple of days. I have returned to no stacks but usually it does. 3 is the limit?
I am having problems playing NMS right now because 2.16 messed with the anti-aliasing again…no amount of tweaking has any real affect. Game looks hideous right now. The graphics bounce from good to bad and back again with each update.

8 Likes

We have multiple PS4 profiles with multiple saves & all are stacking QS missions if unplayed for a couple of/few days.

I’ve given up logging in each day to either murder beasties or plants. I was quite dedicated initially but it got so repetitive.
Admittedly, I haven’t been able to simply settle into regular NMS gameplay lately, which I much prefer, as my life is very hectic ATM so I was just slamming through QS missions early each morning to add my bit.
Hopefully, after I’ve had a break & life settles down a bit, I’ll be able to log on & just wander about like I used to.
I miss that.

9 Likes

I’ve really slowed down on the QS missions because of their repetitive nature. I really hate it that NMS has turned in to a game that has to keep players interested “?” by having “dailies”. It feels to me like quite a come down.

I noticed that after I did the daily, I didn’t feel like playing any more and I was logging out instead of playing more exploring discovering as I prefer to do. So I’m not doing the dailies very often any more, but I’m happier to get back to exploring.

The “daily” grind is tedious and tiring. Sounds like I’m not alone in these feelings.

9 Likes

Agreed. The missions also send me to the same planets, often in my home system. If they would at least send me someplace new…

7 Likes
3 Likes

I also choose to be a hesitant believer :+1:

No Man’s Sky[3] is the limit!

Ahh problems of the master-race , not that PS4 can do any better :wink:

Maybe a localised issue for me… a glitch with when/how I perform saves and switch off etc…?

All things are temporary… Chaos is one such thing!

Agreed on both/all counts :ok_hand:

6 Likes