Graphic Change Unexpected

I have a problem with the graphics that change after a while. This is reported when I see the travelers’ clothes blurred.

Example: The texture changes from ultra to low when I’m playing.

I thought it was Nvidia Geforce Experience that was bugging No Man’s Sky, I even uninstalled both but nothing changed.

3 Likes

Yip i have similar on my pc running a 950.

Landscape textures also

3 Likes

Noticed this behaviour, it seems like after a while texture LoDs get limited. The time until this happens seems inconsistent, so time might not be a factor at all…
A bit annoying, but no big deal. It has only happened like 3 times in 15 hours playtime for me (and my GPU is severely underspecced). Just restart the game and you’re good.

2 Likes

They said they do this under low mem constraints.

I had a grey flashing yesterday while injured, is this new? I’m on experimental GOG

2 Likes

I’ve seen that, but I don’t think this is what we’re seeing. First, that was added in a patch, while this problem has been here since day one, and second, if the memory is low in certain situations and I can fix it by just restarting the application and not actually change the situation in-game, that’s a strong indication of a memory leak… Which is not impossible, but so far it never crashed on me, which would be the inevitable fate if memory was leaking.

3 Likes

They should be turning their attention to graphics soon. I have had some really, really ugly things happen in experimental. Some made me panic. It still looks less that desirable at the moment. I am sure they will get it worked out. Time for reporting graphic issues is approaching.

4 Likes