For Freighter/Frigate Fans

Soooo… wouldn’t you want it to look good at night rather than by day? :grin:

3 Likes

I’m too lazy to rig up power for lighting so it’s never gonna look good at night :joy:

4 Likes

Called in some backup, he never had a chance

11 Likes

I bet you haven’t seen one of these freighters before…

(No, it’s not really new - it’s a standard Star Destroyer, but the middle part has failed to render. Amusing, though.)

15 Likes

I recently located to the Hilbert Dimension in my permadeath save and my first discovery has been a lot of fun. @jedidia you’ll like this one. Given it is a location most won’t be able to access I’ve been a bit indulgent and taken a lot of pics to share.

On the extreme toxic world of Luise G12 lays the remains of an original Atlas Rises Era freighter wreck. It features the circular bow and ‘suspended’ cargo pods we would all remember from the first freighter wrecks, as opposed to the variety of wrecks from the Next era with the cargo rooms.

Identified as the MV Settsu Hauler, an apparent victim of the Sentinel Wars and the summoning of 16, it provides a striking site for wreck diving. .

Rising out of the toxic mist, the Settsu Hauler lays torn open across a shallow lake, providing pristine diving conditions so long as you have the appropriate safety gear for an extreme toxic world. Naturally excavated, the hull has become home to all manner of plants, squids, clams and even a surprisingly docile Abyssal worm…just don’t get too close.

By day you can explore the depths in a brilliant tangerine glow, weaving around the mangled superstructure and undamaged cargo pods.

Or by night the twisted ruins take on a darker more foreboding hue, with the dark shadows contrasting brilliantly as you explore by torchlight.

The only excavations have been a small scraping to locate the log but otherwise the site is untouched. The cargo included polyfibre and acid but the rest of the pods are unopened.
Should you wish to visit and are in the Hilbert Dimension, you’ll find the coordinates below.

No%20Man's%20Sky_201909131448392 No%20Man's%20Sky_201909131508482

Safe travels.

13 Likes

I think all sunken freighters are, actually.

4 Likes

10 Likes

Haven’t seen this configuration before.

Exactly what I would need to stop bouncing off the top of the one that I have.

9 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: BEYOND Shadow Shots

Hello Travellers.

This is my pride and honor, my beloved carrier and frighter, destroyer of starfleets and knight of the galaxies.
S Class 34+4 Dread Large Design Tier 2/3
Still trying to find a Tier 3 one…

Traveller101

10 Likes

@Traveller101: I have moved your post here.

2 Likes

10 Likes

Warm Welcome

9 Likes

End of the day rush hour.

8 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

You can scan freighter cargo holds for them. There is usually one on the large freighters or maybe 3 if you get lucky. They can be found in the radioactive crashed storage crates found at crashed freighter sights. I have had one from simply attacking pirates and scooping up their discharged barrels but that is quite a rare occurance. Sometimes they are in rare loot rewards from returning frigate missions. Doing the NPC defend or attack freighter missions from Space Stations often rewards you with a few plus you also get kudos for completing a mission and maybe nanites too. They sometimes pop up in other unexpected ways, and maybe even offered as very rare items from Outpost vendors.

4 Likes

6 Likes

I got most of mine from hanging around the Nexus waiting for a mission to show up featuring one as a reward.

4 Likes

7 Likes