Factory Override Unit?

Not sure in which category to put this, but I can’t figure out how to get it to DO anything. What am I missing? Is it just a curiosity, --a “sell it” item after all?

Not seeing anything about how to use it. Holding E doesn’t work. Nothing happens when I interact with the console with it in my inventory …

3 Likes

I think there’s a dialog option to use it when interacting with a factory terminal, similar to how you can use defence chits only while talking with pirates. Not sure though.

4 Likes

You get these from solving the ‘factory’ puzzles and are exchanged when selecting technology to unlock. So basically make sure to use them all when you get to pick your unlocks.

Note: I have seen some report issues with the technology tree being closed after a single unlock, with no way to get back into the tech tree.

5 Likes

Ah! I get it now, thank you for making that more clear. :heart:

I thought you had to “use” the item in some way. But now that you mention it, I remember I had one tucked away that I thought I had sold because I couldn’t figure it out. Now I remember an instance where the factory gave me the option to take three recipes and I didn’t connect the dots. :roll_eyes:

There isn’t a dialog option. Now that @DevilinPixy jogged my memory I see that it just gives you an extra choice once you get to the tech tree. Thanks though!

also, @Mad-Hatter --Thank you for adding BEYOND to the title for me. I must have been more tired than I thought. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes