Electricity and Piping 101

PLATFORM: PC

I’m getting electricity issues with certain devices (so far only extends to a storage crate and a first aid station) where the gane informs me I’m too low on power to use the devices when I have like 70k spare electricity.

5 Likes

Here is a video that may help

6 Likes

And check this out

3 Likes

I had this problem in one of my bases. The odd (1,3,5,7,9) storage containers wouldn’t power up even if they were the only one on the grid. I deleted the container and built it back and the problem was gone.

8 Likes

Confirmed as “not just you”. Wonder why it is the odd numbered ones? :smile:

8 Likes

Didn’t notice it was the odd numbered ones, just that one REFUSED to power jo matter how I wired it.

3 Likes

I’ m not happy at all with this addition of electric powered buildings etc. No longer interested in playing at all anymore.

3 Likes

Awe. Come on and be patient. It is really not too hard once you have all the pieces. Solar panels with batteries can keep you powered around the clock. Pre fab base pieces are easy to power. Just run a line to the outside.
I still have not been able to use the electromagnetic generator. And I do not have solar panels yet so I set up an Oxygen harvester nearby for my small generators.
My big issue at first was getting into my storage units. So I flew to my Freighter and couldn’t reach the ones there. The patch fixed that so I can always access Freighter storage rooms even if my power is out on the ground.
Just hang in there.

4 Likes

Something to know or remember, when in your freighter (maybe not in the landing bay), you can click an empty slot in your suit to transfer items and pull it from the containers there. I’m at work so I can’t verify the exact button to press, but that is how I got around the bug this time.

3 Likes

Do you have the survey upgrade for the scanner?

1 Like

If that is new then the answer is no…I have not had time to take it all in, lol.

1 Like

It is one of the many hiding on the nexus :smile:

1 Like

Cool. I keep getting side-tracked by the many new things, like Gek walking around. My daughter was in a building and thought no one was there. Then a huge Vy’Keen walked in and she screamed. It was so funny! :rofl:

4 Likes

And where is the survey device that goes with this new upgrade? Also on the Nexus?

1 Like

You get the survey upgrade for your multitool scanner, then after you install you can use the visor to look for power hotspot (and other things)… Hotspots are what the electromagnetic generators need to produce power indefinitely. How much they can each produce depends on proximity to the hotspot.

Edit: the electromagnetic generator is also on the Nexus

6 Likes

So… it might be best to make the first base a fairly rudimentary pupose built structure until a location with a hotspot can be located for a better nicer base? At least that gives us a bit of practice building to learn the tricks.

6 Likes

I know my first step from now on will be locating before building - but I stretched that wire almost 200u - there may be a very long distance the hot spot can be. No clue yet - I plan on messing with them more later.

6 Likes

Ha Ha! I forget I am able to install without completing the build. I need wiring looms…no wonder it wasn’t working. Now what the heck are wiring looms?

6 Likes

In the blueprint gizo… you research them.
They simply click and join like in Fall Out 4.

5 Likes

Yeah, just be aware the survey is a pain to use.

3 Likes