Electricity and Piping 101

@PyroBob I am going to edit your post with instructions as they become available so they will be easy to find. @DevilinPixy might know of a better way. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Go for it.

1 Like

I’ve seen people say that odd numbered containers were having this issue. Removing and replacing fixed it.

5 Likes

I ll have to try that one. My odd numbered still dont accept power.

4 Likes

I had that issue as well. Delete and rebuild works.

3 Likes

The Power Door does not appear to work for me (2.0.9.1 - Steam default). It has a single power connector at the top, which does not appear functional.

With regular switch

With Proximity Switch and Power Inverter

For me the Proximity Switch does not always appear to function correctly. Make sure to place it without wires, then check if it turns green when near, turns red when moving away. If it does not turn red anymore, something else is giving it a signal, which is a bug.
See:

5 Likes

If that is your Pilgrim in there, it’s not going to fit anyway. :smile: Just bust it down on your way out.

3 Likes

I’m wondering if it may be one of the more complex logic switches with multiple switches required but only has one inlet side. Doesn’t make sense to me… but then neither does having blue wires floating all over the place instead of having them optionally invisible when not n the build menu.
So far trawling the net reveals no-one has offered a solution…

3 Likes

The more advanced logic is all ‘Creative Mode’ only, at least for now. I am just going to assume HG plans to add it to all modes eventually.

I certainly agree with the wires visible all over the place. Many other games have done this a lot better. Having this visible in build mode only, or as I would prefer, a power mode only, would be great. Should help performance as well, to have it separate considering all the additional snapping nodes. Either way, let’s get it all fixed first, shall we :wink:

6 Likes

Could also be bugged.

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out what to do with the strange lamp situation. Perhaps it is a bug. They seem to be on and yet if you interact with them to turn them off, you get this

I do not see a way to wire them. Do they only work inside a round or square pre fab?

5 Likes

They do indeed only work inside prefabs like the rooms or cuboids when those actually get powered. On its own outside, or in custom created structures (wood/concrete/metal) they will be on by default and can not be powered. I have tried attaching a coloured light with power, but that does not work either.

5 Likes

I worked out that the BUTTON switch is a good way to trigger a flashing light set up using multiple INVERTERS in sequence.
Upon start-up, everything will flash together but activating the first MODERATOR point when the power is briefly off (mid flash) will start the sequence scrolling.

Also using extra inverters midway through works like a timing gap so that the flashing has intervals of an extra second.

Another thing worth noting, is that the ON & OFF sequence will match, even if circuits aren’t connected so take that into acount if getting fancy with interlocked lights.

PS. The sound box in creative mode is a fun little gizmo to play with & tune when adding them to a flashing sequence :grinning: I hope they become available in other modes.

6 Likes

There’s a sound box? :astonished:

I can make music wihh logic?

Please leave creative mode

4 Likes

I should have posted it here. Someone on Twitter recreated NMS music in-game using this new feature
Found it

6 Likes

I am waiting for the first Pachinko machine to be built. Pinball is likely not possible, but who knows? Anyone up for a challenge? :wink:

10 Likes

This is the first time in many years i’ve seen anyone mention or even know what a Pachinko machine is. I had one in late 70’s early 80’s.

7 Likes

Apparently Konami sees its future in mobile gaming and pachinko machines…

Okay. Whatever you say Konami. I’m just gonna chill over here with kojima. Oh no, we’re not laughing at you. Wherever did you get that idea?

3 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: BEYOND Wires and Logic failing (on reload)

more hijacking!!!
lol
Tis what I found:

Tis the output of an electromagnetic hot spot:

how many generators can be used at this hot spot?
now to find an “S” hot spot!

6 Likes