Atlas Path Ending Problems

I’m at the same point right now after beyond update and the last seed chamber still seems bugged. I already have remembrance and star seed, I chose “birth a new star” so I thought I’ll be able to choose a new galaxy now, but it gives me star seed again instead… And when I leave this star system I’m getting a path to the black hole. So what now? Do I have to go to the galaxy centre? Is it a bug?

4 Likes

go to the black hole and jump

1 Like

I did. Twice. But I’m still in the euclid

Simply have not had time to check this out yet. Since the story has been somewhat rewritten, I would be surprised if there is no issue. I have both an old and new save I am working through now. My old save started by telling me to build remebrance, which I already have. After a few minutes, it checked that quest off the list and ended.

The last time I played to the end of this quest, I did not get the option to birth a new star…it simply told me to explore.
And welcome to the Forum! :grinning:

3 Likes

So what did you do? You went to the galaxy centre?

1 Like

Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Never been there, lol. I have a feeling this is part of the game that is still unfinished. Has been that way since the start. If you want to get to another galaxy, you will likely have to blackhole jump. However, you can now get blackhole maps from Polo in the Nexus. I have not checked this out yet. Feel free to post your findings if you decide to visit Polo.
I will edit the topic since it seems to still be an issue. Maybe others can assist.

1 Like

So you’re still in Euclid?

I saw some videos where people chose new galaxies from atlas interface, so I’m really confused now. I don’t want to jump 350k ly just to choose another galaxy :frowning: I’ve done everything else in the game (before beyond of course).

1 Like

I am still in Euclid. I left once back when the Atlas Path allowed me to choose a new start in a new galaxy, however, it did not allow me that option the last time I was there which was before BEYOND. Not sure what to tell you at this point. Since it is a storyline, I do not know if it has changed or not. I hate to say it, but sometimes it means another fresh start…the storyline has been made more cohesive.
Mine states explore the galaxy.
Check back later. Someone else might have more info.
In the meantime, there are new quests to explore and many new things to do.

1 Like

That’s not an option for me. I have 350 hours played on this save… 2 billions of units, thousands of nanites, everything S class, two exotic ships… I just want to go to another galaxy, find a perfect planet and focus on base building.
Anyway, thanks for the quick responses. I’ll wait, maybe somebody else will know the solution for this situation.

1 Like

@23kc
There is a difference between finishing the Atlas Path and completion of the Artemis story line. Both do use Atlas Interfaces though, so I understand some of the confusion.

• The Atlas Path - No Man's Sky Wiki
    Final step of the Atlas Path, allows you to ‘birth a new star’. You are then tasked to find a black hole and use it, which finishes the Atlas Path.
    • Explore the Universe
  • The Purge - No Man's Sky Wiki
    To complete the Artemis story line, you need to finish ‘The Purge’, which will give you the choice to reset the universe or refuse the Atlas.
    • When choosing to reset, you get to choose a new galaxy to go to.

From what you describe, you have been birthing a new star, which will not result in a new galaxy. You will have to check your progress in the Artemis story line instead, to finish The Purge

5 Likes

Beaten to the punch.

I looked into it and got the same answers as DP.

Here are my sources (hidden because of spoilers)

Summary

Atlas Path Ending: No Man's Sky Atlas Path Ending - YouTube
Artemis Path Ending: The Artemis Ending of No Man's Sky | Spoilers - YouTube

4 Likes

Ah, that explains everything. I finished Artemis story line earlier and refused the Atlas… I thought I’ll be able to come back at any time and choose a new galaxy. But it looks like my only option now is to go to the galaxy centre. Well, that’s a bummer.
Thanks for the help though.

3 Likes

Yes, once you refused the Atlas, you will have to use the conventional way to get to the next galaxies.

You could try the Nexus and see if the ‘Teleportation Portal’ has a location in another galaxy to travel to. Not tried this myself, but maybe someone else knows?

2 Likes

I have a question on that mode of travel. Will you be able to ‘settle down’ after traveling to visit a base or are you confined to the system you visit?
Edit: Going in to find out…

1 Like

I am honestly not sure how this works. It could still be similar to the old way of visiting a base where offline and online multiplayer were different. I do know that you have to be careful. I saw someone playing online, being in galaxy 8, visiting his old base in galaxy 3 using the Nexus portal without issue. However, his base was not properly registered, now being a guest. He could build a new one though, including portal, but wouldn’t have a jump back either. He then tried the Nexus again (now in galaxy 3), but without having a base in galaxy 8, he was unable to return to where he was before in galaxy 8.

2 Likes

Timey Wimey, :laughing:
Very interesting. So I warped to another base via the Interstellar Terminus. There is no indication that any of the bases available to visit are in a different Galaxy (other than your own bases, all of which should show in the list) The base I visited was still in Euclid. (The galaxy map still shows no indication of which galaxy you are in so I conclude this to mean all the bases available are in the same galaxy) However, once there, I was able to jump to the Galaxy Map and travel freely. I landed on a planet and could have placed a Base Computer, but did not. I could then travel back to my own base through the Space Station Teleporter or back through the Nexus, which is what I did. No problems for me. Still my base, registered to me, so I must be in the right timeline. :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

After using the nexus porter were there star systems listed on the space station teleporter or just bases?

I got one of my accounts stranded in galaxy 14 the other day :smiley:

2 Likes

I believe I saw the normal list. Both my base and other systems I had been to. I don’t recall anything looking different.

1 Like

I can only see bases and 2 systems - no new stations are being added to my list as I visit them. Not sure if it was the nexus, or going back to a previous galaxy, or just a new bug from Beyond

2 Likes