Base Building Creations

that is insane! I feel it should never be like this.

1 Like

what is max units?

1 Like

tis why the game is not like version one.
Yes we need units, get a nice ship and continue to explore.
As you said once you have it all , exploring is not fun,
it becomes a waste of time.
I don’t think HG thought of that!!!

2 Likes

I will guess 4,294,967,295. Or something slightly less if they decided to round things to something more human. This is 2^32-1. It seems that units are kept in an unsigned 32 bit integer.

5 Likes

so that means they used 32 bit programming not 64 bit?

4 Likes

@GullyFourmyle: You are correct, it appears a 32bit unsigned integer is being used for the Units we can have. At some point HG capped the max amount, to prevent a roll-over, back to 0.

However, as a previous discussion (NEXT) shows, not always is an unsigned 32bit integer being used. The Trade Terminal appeared to be using a ‘signed’ integer instead. Would be interesting to know if this has changed.
See: Large Integers and Currency

@zsigmond:
In short, considering C/C++ to be used, the amount of bits used, completely depends on the compiler. The compiler is however capable of making this ‘any’ size it wants, as long as it meets the minimum requirements. You can specify, implement and compile it to your needs, as it is scalable with some rules in place.

You could for example use 47 bit, with 17 bit ‘padding’, resulting in 64 bit memory being used. You could also use 109 bit with 19 bit padding to fit 128 bit.

In practise however, it is all about efficiency, which takes the hardware into account to achieve maximum performance. For this reason it is ‘currently’ most common to use a basic type of 32 bit.

5 Likes

They should really have seen it coming that there will e people that need an unsigned Long… :grin:

5 Likes

Oh wow, such lovely gardens. Love the symmetry, everythings so perfectly circular. Looks like it required time, skill and patience :astonished:

9 Likes

I don’t know about skill, but it definitely took time and patience

7 Likes
7 Likes

If anyone would like to visit. It is very BIG in VR. I will give tours :slight_smile:

11 Likes

After a hard day at the nexus…

12 Likes

Frost Crystal - 5k each harvest

12 Likes

You know your garden is making the rounds on twitter. :smiley:

8 Likes

Is it? That’s neat, I hope some take the idea and run with it - would love to see what really creative people can do

9 Likes

The game would not let me put my new Nexus Traveller Statue on my pedestal! :cry:

So I made a Welcome-Bot Statue instead: :grin:

The garden plot used to have a heart made of flowers in the middle, but I took one plant out to make room for a pedestal and they all disappeared.

12 Likes

Glitch Garden

13 Likes

Another Phase Of Construction.

8 Likes

Fungal Mould -10k per harvest. Started out with purple and yellow flowers, but then I saw spideys face (kinda) so recolored

14 Likes

Started over with a new orbital on a hotspot and on a better planet.

8 Likes