Atlas-65 Society of Archaeologists, Paleontologists and Salvagers

From my most recent archaeological survey from my new permadeath playthrough. This stone cleaver might get me out of a pinch if it doesn’t crumble to dust in my hand.

The oldest and most expensive peice I’ve found. Such a shame to sell this dazzling fancy-mans clever, no doubt owned by a Vy’keen with a penchant for all things SHINEY!

@DarthTrethon combine that with all the other unique new ways there are to make money in the game and its not that hard to get there now without portal farming. I’m already on 200 million on permadeath save six hours in, I’m on 100 million on a normal save two hours in but that was thanks in part to a random join thay turned out to be super friendly, helped me pick eggs from around abandoned building and then when I took shelter to use real life bathroom, I came back to see theye had gifted me All the eggs they picked up :cry: :sob: people = not shit, someone needs to notify Slipknot!!

Edit: @DarthTrethon below (so I don’t spam posts on the discussion)

I used it as an example, I didn’t think id have to mention the multiple missions and upgrades etc I have on top of that also earning me units as I go , though I alluded to it by mentioning all the new ways to make money in my post.

Just playing the game freely without thinking about making bank, makes you a lot of money now and you also get to enjoy a variety in gameplay by approaching this method. I wasnt there just to collect eggs, I had a primary mission to do there and ended up just having fun with that guy shooting bio horrors and collecting eggs.

9 Likes

Picking eggs lmao…early game maxing out your scanner asap will have you set up quite well…a lot better than the bloody eggs.

1 Like

Is it this archaeologists birthday? It must be! Found beside some ancient ruins, a single marker leading to two. Feel like I found the fabled four leaf snappy

8 Likes

Had to close my eyes and hold my nose to dig up that one.
Not sure what to say about this one.

10 Likes

@sheralmyst I’d still eat it :meat_on_bone:

3 Likes

I wanted to play too

10 Likes

13 Likes

So, I just recently finished the missions for my farmer. The extra mission he sent me on was to collect gamma weed, which was conveniently full grown right there in my base. When I turned it in he gave me this as a reward:

8 Likes

In the field: some random finds and some at dig sites. I thought the GLASS interface was interesting…

8 Likes

My latest dig was unsuccessful

11 Likes

Two more for the records. The first one came from my farmer.

6 Likes

This isn’t exactly ancient archeology, but it does involve digging stuff up.

I found a super-conductor in a crashed freighter yesterday. Those things are worth 2 million. So it seems digging for freight containers can be financially just as rewarding as digging for artifact crates. Though, admittedly, nowhere near as cool.

2 Likes

Given the depth burried & the overgrowth on the wrecked freighters, they could be very old too.
Digging for treasure is fun no matter where it is.
Having to have an arsenal of materials on you for potential unlocking requirements is not so fun. Makes it hard early on with limited capasity.

1 Like

Did somebody say ancient historical vykeen artifacts with typos?!?!

"… made by priceless… "

Knowing the Vy’keen they’re probably potions for strength and vigor… Vy’agra? :smirk:

10 Likes

8 Likes

9 Likes

Awesome! I have a really hard time blowing my nose in my exosuit. This is great news! :grin:

3 Likes

Sneezing in a helmet is always a bad experience
:triumph: :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Toothleaf? Perhaps it’s related to snappies… :thinking:

7 Likes

8 Likes