An Ode to Snappies, Clappies & Puffies

Oh I also call them Briars when I’m not being adversely effected by them.

“Hello there little briar, almost didn’t see you. Thanks for not whipping me today”.

…I talk to my digital plants

Briars are what we call Bramble here in Ireland. Dunno if its commonly used elsewhere (though I’m sure it’d be same name in UK) and the internet tells me it should be spelt Brier.

These things. ARE. EVERYWHERE!

And my dog loves to lead me through them -_-

8 Likes

I call them Snap Dragons (when not cursing them). The real plant is not a menace, it’s just the name that I like. It seems to describe our NMS plant perfectly.

And thank you for the extra carbon! :fish_cake:

5 Likes

Also the term used in the American South. We have plenty of them. Often pronounced ‘Braarrs’

6 Likes

This is true documentation of the whip plant, it must of taken a long time to put this together. Great job,

3 Likes

A wild low poly image appears!

Laughed a lot in this, nice topic @Mad-Hatter :slight_smile:

10 Likes

@Oosocksoo
I’ve just been taking pics on each planet as I come by them. Didn’t take long at all.
Transfering from PS4 to USB to PC to uploading them here is what takes time :grin:

@gamer_123
Like the poly version.
I’ve had a chuckle at some of the names. Seems the names are as varied as the plants.
Glad you like the topic :+1:

5 Likes

I sacrificed some of my back-side for the sake of scientific research.

12 Likes

Double Whammy. I changed the time of day in the 2nd pic to highlight the balls of venom/poison that these things spew (notice bottom left of left Snappie). And look at the barbs! No wonder they hurt!

9 Likes

Can you find the Snappie in this picture?

9 Likes

Well hidden, trying to blend in with the rock.

Snappie

9 Likes

The CSD thank you for your sacrifice. :face_with_head_bandage:

6 Likes

Stinger… with unusual reproductive properties

10 Likes

I usually call the little wankers by their true name in Dutch: kutplant.

Don’t think I need to translate that word :smile:

4 Likes

Huuuge snappie!

11 Likes

The Hang-In-There Snappy

The Funky Iridescent Snappy

The Purple Haze Snappy

The Unfortunate Poo-Brown Snappy

:rofl:

14 Likes

I must admit, they are a pain in the neck, but don’t they look beautiful though…

7 Likes

I might be putting forward a very unpopular opinion here, but i will anyway…

I feel that, with the game’s difficulty level being what it is (I can’t recall dying more than once in the last 750+ hours of gameplay I’ve put in) that these whippersnappers should come in more than one variety. And along with that, yet another crafting item too.

Some plants, of course, should remain as they are - for variety’s sake - but many more should also be poisonous. A slap from one of those should bring up a POISONED meter, that will eventually kill you unless you craft an antidote. Think similar to being poisoned in the old Resident Evil games, where you had to craft certain herbs together to cure it.

It’d make you less likely to get too close and add another random factor into your survival.

I feel that, along with those plants that some animal attacks (maybe from crabs/spiders etc) should be poisonous too. What better fun and fear it’d be, being chased down by a giant animal that is going to not only give you a right biffing up, but leave you with a bloodstream that wants to kill you too.

Just trying to add a little more danger into the proceedings is all…

6 Likes

But, then I would be poisoned all the time! :nauseated_face: :rofl:
Can you spot the Snappie?

10 Likes

They sure know how to hide well …

Hidden%20Snappie

8 Likes

You’re not too far from the truth there, hence the caveat of #notallsnappies

Serious question though, IF Hello Games put in poisonous Snappies, would it better to have them environmentally poisonous, or randomly poisonous, regardless of biome ?

Biome relevant would be more realistic, but I fear it’d put me off those planets, unless I had no choice.

Maybe I haven’t thought this through enough :slight_smile:

6 Likes